• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

weight distribution

goodolboy01

Im sure this has been discussed here before, but i failed to find what i was looking for in a search.... I'm looking at making some changes to my buggy and was wondering what you guys opinions are of ideal weight distribution(front to rear%)for southeast rock wheeling. I haven't weighed my buggy yet, but trying to get an idea of what most guys who do well in the rocks run. I talked to one buddy yesterday who said his(which peforms very well) was right at 60/40. So what are you guys running?

My old rig was 70/30, If you can get your front end on something then chances are you can drag the rear up. That said my buggy im build will be 60/40 more than likely because if packaging.

On my rear engine buggy it is 50/50. It feels great moving around the trails and even better at speed. I can tell on climbing ledges that the weight is shifted to the rear and the front tires do loose traction or ground pressure. The rear tires will be smoking and the front will just kinda clean up.

I'm and currently considering some liquid ballast in the front tires to help.

People may say BS but I like 70-30 or 80-20 .. Here is what I want 50-50 or 60-40 on a 30 degree up angle. if you are building it to go up a 30+ degree climb.
like stated before if I get my front up, I WANT TO GO!!
once again IMO..

I'm 60/40. If the front goes up the rear does for the most part. When I first measured it and realized it was 60/40 I was stoked to be so even, I thought it would be more like 70/30. I'm glad it wasn't though because its amazing how much it noses down on jumps even at 60/40. I would hate to have 70/30 or 80/20 jumping.

Latest posts