• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What fluid r u using n ur atlas

EddieHall

Just wanting to see which is more preferred.. synchromesh or gear oil

MT90 redline( just seems thin)
75w-90 royal purple
Synchromesh GM
:fish:

Atlas recommends synchromesh or 75w90 gear oil,synthetic on all, but they also tell you that you can use a list of oils

I run lucas 75 140. First 2 times I bought am soil but won't pay for that again

royal purple as requested by Advance Adapters - I thought it was really thin, but even called them to ask and confirm as I was used to running thick gear oil in them in the past. He told me that the thinner synthetic is what they run and recommend. so that is what I have in mine - no issues so far to speak of?

75w-90 Royal Purple in my 4.3 atlas. Tough to shift at times but as discussed in other threads it seems to be an atlas characteristic.

AA used to send them with amsoil synthetic tractor hdy fluid. That's what I've been running, since that's what mine came with at that time.

redneckengineered said:
I think the "recommended" oil for the Atlas has changed about 100 times over the past 10 years. I'm like you guys, I try to go with what the manufacturer recommends but damn at this point I think you can basically run whatever you want.
That's my thinking, as long as it's lubed up it should be good. I changed the oil in the manual transfer case of my work truck (NP241C) to 5W-30 synthetic based on a ton of recommendations on Chevy forums.

redneckengineered said:
I think the "recommended" oil for the Atlas has changed about 100 times over the past 10 years. I'm like you guys, I try to go with what the manufacturer recommends but damn at this point I think you can basically run whatever you want.

my main concern was running something AA "recommend" that way if there is an issue, AA can't say, "well, if you were running or recommending unicorn piss, it would have been under warranty".

yankster said:
That's my thinking, as long as it's lubed up it should be good. I changed the oil in the manual transfer case of my work truck (NP241C) to 5W-30 synthetic based on a ton of recommendations on Chevy forums.

old NP203 called for 10w-30 motor oil

In an atlas (based on the bearing and gear design) I'd run a full synthetic GL4 (because of brass parts) 75w90 in a trail rig/DD and a full synthetic 75w-140 in something that will get beat on, then a heavy full syn SAE 250 in a race case