• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What Should Kush Do?

Kush got a little cowl dent as almost all really wheeled Jeeps get!

• Go get it professionally repaired.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Beat it out with a hammer so everyone can ask him if he repaired it himself.

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Just date it "GMP 8-20-16" and go wheeling.

Votes: 62 81.6%

• Total voters
I would :smoke: and :drinkers: some more and than decide :smoke: . Fawk you should see what I did to my jeep trying to find a way to pholmann Saturday nite when he broke. I pushed the side in behind the door but it matches my junk your rig is a lot nicer than mine :dblthumb:

Re:

Burn a doobie, apply some bondo, burn a doobie, apply some bondo, burn a doobie, apply some bondo, burn a doobie, apply some bondo....... you get the idea, you could have 36 layers of body filler in there already!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

kushKrawlin said:
Now tell me how to get this dent out!

Big ****ing hammer and a blindfold, cause that what it is going to look like. There is a real good reason dents in that area are so prevelant and not repaired.

Yep it happens and will happen again. My jeep has the cowl dented in on both sides but you'd never know because I just covered them up with some cowl armor from moab4x4outpost. (M4O) Just checked and I don't see them listed on their website so you might just have to give them a call. They are the real deal band-aid fix.

Here's a cropped section from one of my pics to give you an idea on the look..

Attachments

• Cowl protection.jpg
    Cowl protection.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 248
tallnate said:
Yep it happens and will happen again. My jeep has the cowl dented in on both sides but you'd never know because I just covered them up with some cowl armor from moab4x4outpost. (M4O) Just checked and I don't see them listed on their website so you might just have to give them a call. They are the real deal band-aid fix.

I emailed them a while back and they still have them, but only in aluminium (not steel like these)

tallnate said:

That's looks great, I wish I would have known that a few years ago.

poolman said:
That's looks great, I wish I would have known that a few years ago.

That is what I was just thinking!! I had no idea these existed.

Kush, like someone said, the first one hurts the most. If you fix it, you will hit the same spot the next time out. Yours is not nearly as bad as mine.

Attachments

• For Kush.png
    For Kush.png
    818.6 KB · Views: 107
Get a big hammer and go to the other side and beat the crap out of it so they match. Problem solved Kush. You're welcome. thumb.gif :flipoff1:

Re:

Cut it out and weld in a new piece.....show them thin metal welding skills

Bag of sand, block of wood, bottle jack, and more wood...

Do it right n you'll hardly know it was there....
Fawk it up n you can still cover it up......

Re:

Man go to all the body shops till you find that hippy looking guy. Burn one with him and then you good to go he'll fix it on the side long as you keep smoking with him.

gottagofast said:
Bag of sand, block of wood, bottle jack, and more wood...

Do it right n you'll hardly know it was there....
Fawk it up n you can still cover it up......

That actually sounds like it might work.

creepycrawly said:
That actually sounds like it might work.

The problem comes actually getting to the back side of the cowl, he'd probably have to pull the pedals and a buncha wiring(depending on whats left of the jeep bulkhead/fuse box).

I think it's going to look worse after you beat and push around on it unless you plan on filling ,sanding,priming,and painting. Then will you color match? I remember my first big Fawkes up. Came backwards off a hill and caught a tree with the back corner. Thought I was gonna puke!,! But the next trip when I slid a tree down the passenger side wasn't near as bad. Stickers cover up a lot of ****. Wheel it, or put a exo cage on it. That's the only way your not gonna get body damage.