• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What the hell is wrong with people?????

pholmann

Why do people think it is acceptable to call/text/email and offer someone a third of the asking price for something they are selling??? Have people been brainwashed by watching ass monkey garage to the point they think it's ok? People are really lucky they do that **** over the phone. If I list something for sale (say a car) for 1600$, what the **** makes them think I'd take 500$ for it. I mean really!!! The low balling seems to be a trend lately. I see it on here too. A couple weeks ago I commented on some **** hole that offered a guy 40% of what he was asking for his item. I can't remember what it was now, but it doesn't matter if he was selling plug ****ing nickels, they are his and he can ask whatever he wants. He may not sell them for what he is asking but it's his right to ask it. I guess I just don't understand people's ****ing logic. Are they trying to catch someone hard up for cash or play big time cock sucker business man? It just chaps my ass. I was just curious how many others are as annoyed by this as I am. Rant over!!

Its all because of these gender confused, liberal bitch ponies that open borders, institute common core, believe the "official" 9/11 report, and think that fat people should be treated delicately for fear of hurting someone's feelings.

I'll give you a penny for your two cents. thumb.gif

I think it's just the way it is now. Maybe I'm partly to blame but I usually price things high and expect to get less. But in the end, I get what I originally wanted and they're happy to pay it because they feel like they negotiated a deal.

Oh, and I believe it may be a SD60 you're referring to.

Common core is a standard, not a way of teaching. There are many strategies to get the same thing accomplished. Good teachers do a good job teaching, no matter how their hands are tied. I say get rid of tenure and pay teachers 1.5 times what they are currently making. If you have to do well to keep your job, you will teach better and be more effective for the kids. Derail over.

I actually like the people lowballing. It gives you every right to ask if they will throw in a night with their mother and wife, plus a joyride in their truck.

If someone puts obo they are opening themselves up to low ball offers. And you don't know if you don't ask. Plenty of people out there now are swinging for the fences when they price there stuff. I don't mind low ball offers I will just say no thanks.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Common core is a standard, not a way of teaching. There are many strategies to get the same thing accomplished. Good teachers do a good job teaching, no matter how their hands are tied. I say get rid of tenure and pay teachers 1.5 times what they are currently making. If you have to do well to keep your job, you will teach better and be more effective for the kids. Derail over.

I actually like the people lowballing. It gives you every right to ask if they will throw in a night with their mother and wife, plus a joyride in their truck.

By gawd I'll take a 50% pay raise. And btw tenure is already no more. You have no idea the political bullshit I have to deal with. Just in case you weren't aware that's what I do. And the common core **** is just that. ****!! They decided (behind closed doors of course) that no child left behind was an epic failure and kids were graduating illiterate and borderline retarded. So they have scapegoated the teachers and shoved common core down our throats. While we're choking on it they give us multiple evaluations every year to make sure we're asking "quality" questions and promoting higher order thinking. I teach auto mechanics dammit. Not English. I teach a **** ton of math but let the English teachers teach English. Let the subject matter fall where it may. Don't force a damn cow to fly and a bird to swim. Math teachers became math teachers because........THEYRE GOOD AT MATH. Same for English, history, physics, science, auto mechanics, hvac, and so on.

pholmann said:
By gawd I'll take a 50% pay raise. And btw tenure is already no more. You have no idea the political bullshit I have to deal with. Just in case you weren't aware that's what I do. And the common core **** is just that. ****!! They decided (behind closed doors of course) that no child left behind was an epic failure and kids were graduating illiterate and borderline retarded. So they have scapegoated the teachers and shoved common core down our throats. While we're choking on it they give us multiple evaluations every year to make sure we're asking "quality" questions and promoting higher order thinking. I teach auto mechanics dammit. Not English. I teach a **** ton of math but let the English teachers teach English. Let the subject matter fall where it may. Don't force a damn cow to fly and a bird to swim. Math teachers became math teachers because........THEYRE GOOD AT MATH. Same for English, history, physics, science, auto mechanics, hvac, and so on.

My wife teaches and is good at it. There will always be some type of new standard. Just pay her more is all I ask.

I feel like if your gonna shoot a lowball offer do it privately not boastful and respectfully. I'm poor and I've low balled the **** out of some really nice people and a lot of times it has gone my way. I don't get butthurt if they say no or hell no I just say thanks for your time. I try to collect as much info on the item I'm gonna shoot a price for so if they agree to my price I come get it and don't waste their time.

I have a rig on here now and it's priced way lower than the cost to build and no real offers so I think I need to double the price so some asshat can offer less and let them think they screwed me but do agree if its yours ask whatever you want to for it

That's funny, I was just looking at your ad. Throw some specs out on it. I was looking for what all it has and couldn't find any.

pholmann said:
A couple weeks ago I commented on some **** hole that offered a guy 40% of what he was asking for his item. I can't remember what it was now, but it doesn't matter if he was selling plug ****ing nickels, they are his and he can ask whatever he wants.

I believe that you were commenting on a guy asking (I think) $650 for a SD60 that was missing parts when you can buy them all day long for $300 complete. (I have 5 in stock right now, at one point had up to 9, didn't pay more than $300 for any of them.) I didn't think the dude's offer was that bad considering the seller was out of his mind. I was going to comment but I didn't want to muck up a for sale thread because it is expressly forbidden by John G. If a seller is bat-****-crazy on a high price he deserves any bat-****-low-offer that he gets IMO.

I receive crazy offers on stuff as well. I don't really care. Some of them are just so low I hang up or don't reply so as not to waste any valuable time on them. I don't get that bothered by them.

Generally when I list stuff or buy stuff I have researched the items in question and have a fairly good estimate of what they are worth. I don't do much negotiation as a result. Most of the time I'm happy to sit on something until I get what I want or wait for something until I find it for what its worth. I've had a D80 rear, F-550 monobeam front, and 2 sets of D80 5.38 gears for sale for almost a year now.

pholmann said:
Why do people think it is acceptable to call/text/email and offer someone a third of the asking price for something they are selling??? Have people been brainwashed by watching ass monkey garage to the point they think it's ok? People are really lucky they do that **** over the phone. If I list something for sale (say a car) for 1600$, what the **** makes them think I'd take 500$ for it. I mean really!!! The low balling seems to be a trend lately. I see it on here too. A couple weeks ago I commented on some **** hole that offered a guy 40% of what he was asking for his item. I can't remember what it was now, but it doesn't matter if he was selling plug ****ing nickels, they are his and he can ask whatever he wants. He may not sell them for what he is asking but it's his right to ask it. I guess I just don't understand people's ****ing logic. Are they trying to catch someone hard up for cash or play big time cock sucker business man? It just chaps my ass. I was just curious how many others are as annoyed by this as I am. Rant over!!

Not sure where the thread went sideways.

To answer your question, people low ball offer because you never know when someone might say yes. Have you ever thought, I'd like to have that, but only if I got it cheap? I've got friends who always score crazy deals. One specifically told me, "don't be afraid to hurt someone's feelings" when making an offer.

As a seller, I just say no, and move along. I do get annoyed when I'm asked my best price, then get a stupid offer. Had a guy ask my best price on a set of axles I was selling. He responds that he only really needs the front and offered 1/3 of my "set" price. Really? No thanks.

On the "What's your best price" questions I simply reply, "Well, I hadn't really thought about that. What are you offering?" That puts that dumb question to bed right off the bat.

patooyee said:
I believe that you were commenting on a guy asking (I think) $650 for a SD60 that was missing parts when you can buy them all day long for $300 complete. (I have 5 in stock right now, at one point had up to 9, didn't pay more than $300 for any of them.) I didn't think the dude's offer was that bad considering the seller was out of his mind. I was going to comment but I didn't want to muck up a for sale thread because it is expressly forbidden by John G. If a seller is bat-****-crazy on a high price he deserves any bat-****-low-offer that he gets IMO.

I receive crazy offers on stuff as well. I don't really care. Some of them are just so low I hang up or don't reply so as not to waste any valuable time on them. I don't get that bothered by them.

Generally when I list stuff or buy stuff I have researched the items in question and have a fairly good estimate of what they are worth. I don't do much negotiation as a result. Most of the time I'm happy to sit on something until I get what I want or wait for something until I find it for what its worth. I've had a D80 rear, F-550 monobeam front, and 2 sets of D80 5.38 gears for sale for almost a year now.

It was a **** move to make a low ball offer in public. That should've been a pm in my opinion. No matter how high dude was on the axle. He will get the point when nobody is interested and he will lower it himself. What gets me though is when you already have something reasonably priced and they throw out scrap prices for an offer. Why waste my ****ing time with that ****.

bgredjeep said:
Not sure where the thread went sideways.

To answer your question, people low ball offer because you never know when someone might say yes. Have you ever thought, I'd like to have that, but only if I got it cheap? I've got friends who always score crazy deals. One specifically told me, "don't be afraid to hurt someone's feelings" when making an offer.

As a seller, I just say no, and move along. I do get annoyed when I'm asked my best price, then get a stupid offer. Had a guy ask my best price on a set of axles I was selling. He responds that he only really needs the front and offered 1/3 of my "set" price. Really? No thanks.

Name on thread that doesn't involve tits,ass, or ***** that hasn't derailed. :****:

Seriously I thing it's a lot of sellers that have been brainwashed by tv shows. There's a lot of people asking way to much for items that can be found if you just look, yes it's their right to ask whatever and good for them if they get it. On the other hand If something is priced right there should not be a low ball offer, but some people still do. Personally if I'm selling something and get What I think is a crazy low offer I'll just laugh it off and go on, there's no reason to get butt hurt over something that simple.

If I'm selling something for $150 and somebody asks me what my best deal is, I say $250, then ask them what's their best deal is?

When some body asks if I'd take $40 for that $150 item, I just respond with, no, but I'll take $240..........some smile and get it, some don't get it and some realize that I have just as much right to go up on an item the same they wanted me to go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk