• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to would you do if someone else took credit for your work?

JDodd

I built a bumper for an "off road" shop awhile back and I just saw on Facebook that he put a picture of it up so I started watching it to see if it got any comments then I find this.

Random: Did you make that bumper?

+++ Offroad: yes not the best but it's the first one

Random: Your joking! If you hadn't told me that earlier today I wouldnt believe it! It looks AWSOME!

Random: Your on your way my friend!

+++ Offroad: thanks

I am 20 year old college student and not a business so I can care less if he said my name but I wouldn't ever think he would take for credit building it. I never met the man because I was out of town but my dad was the that gave it to him and he said that he was a really nice guy and a Detective for Robertson county and ran the shop part time. Sounded to me a good guy and actually talked doing some more work for him.

So now i just want to see what ya'll would do if this happen to you.

Get one of your friends to request a price from him and see if he calls you for another one.

Justin thats a great looking bumper, I think you did good posting that on his page just see if he changes his story. IMO you have skills

For the non-facebook users here is what he built:

577356_10150680124496332_279572191331_9602588_511118285_n.jpg

575407_10150680127516332_279572191331_9602598_2002855105_n.jpg

I had to log into the lady friend's account so I could see the pictures.

HAHA well he just deleted what we wrote but the customer said is still there

wannabe said:
well i put my 2cents in on FB.. dudes a FAGOAT

Ha you never know he might of went to the factory built it

It just makes me think about his customer and what he would do to them. He has a guy ask him about installing gears in a jeep on facebook and makes me wonder if he really knows how or would just trow them in and let it go, or doing a cage for someone and tell them its DOM and end up being a poorly designed cage using a inferior grade.

i went back to coment again but he set it up to where you cant coment on it. dudes gay.. i would be pissed if i worked hard on something like that and ole dude stole the credit.

This is what he wrote

"The main part of the bumper was made by Justin on a cad system and mpg made the item work to that truck with alot welding and grinding and recutting of the bumper sorry if i offended anyone."

This is exactly what what i sold him

0316121115.jpg

0316121116.jpg

JDodd said:
This is what he wrote

"The main part of the bumper was made by Justin on a cad system and mpg made the item work to that truck with alot welding and grinding and recutting of the bumper sorry if i offended anyone."

This is exactly what what i sold him

0316121115.jpg

0316121116.jpg

Who cares about all that, how much for one to fit a 2003 chevy 2500 hd? That bumper looks killer.
Karma is a b****, and if he is taking credit for others work it will catch up to him.

For one that is un-welded like the picture is $450
$600 for one that is welded and ready for paint
To line-x it is $80 the last time and I don't know if I can get it still for the but powder coating was $50 last time I checked too

I'm right outside of Murfreesboro, TN

The one for the 03 2500 would have to be made on the truck because I do not have one already designed for that truck

The one that was in the picture was made for 99-02 Silverado 1500 and I already have it designed and can get it all CNC cut and ship to you as a kit that you assemble for $350+ shipping

I can also do the kit for a 94-01 Dodge 3/4 and 1 ton

Well he changed what he said again. So I gave him something think about

MPG Offroad: The bumper design was by Justin Dodds on a cad system. thanks.

Me:

If I can tell you that the passenger is slightly higher then the driver, that the d ring mounts are not perfect because they were cut by hand and it was made out of 3/16 pickled steel wouldn’t you say I’ve done more then just design it? The best part to me is that you deleted what I said and also others but left the part that says you still made it. And yes you can probably make another one just like that because you could take all the measurement off mine but to me and every other fabricator/builder that is the same as stealing.

I can go around and try to ruin you business but I know I do not have to because with your ethics you’ll end up doing that yourself. And I know you will show them again by deleting this and change your words again. Or you could show some character and be truthful in which would actually show a lot more about you as a man.