• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's in a name? Your screen name

LandSpeeder

King of the Bammers
OK, so a handful of you folks at the Gray Rocks ride claimed you had no idea what a "Land Speeder" was... Some are older than me, so how you don't remember a star wars vehicle is beyond me.

Picture294.jpg

So. a decade ago, when I had to first register for my FIRST forum, it was a Land Cruiser forum, and to that point I had only been on email lists, no forums. But , folks had some good names. I wanted to be witty with "Land Cruiser" so I chose Land Speeder. Not too syure why since I'm not a huge stars wars fan. But we did have one of these toys as a kid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKSfXJ7A4j0

What's YOUR name mean?

My first jeep was a 1980 cj -7 and I thought I was a bad ass. Lost the -7 part on most forums other than pirate. Bad80cj-7 or here bad80cj

Ghey I know

One of the shop bosses has a lisp and cannot clearly say half the american language and Josh always comes out Joc so it stuck as a nick name at work.

Funny story, I had been there about 4 months and he came up asking where Hurston was at. It came out with thinking, Who is Hurston? Come to find out he was looking for Justin :****:
For 7 years I have been calling the guy Hurston.

<----------- see picture. Highly original, but this has been my name since the AOL days 15yrs ago.

John is my first name so that is where the "J" comes from and my last name is Moxley.

Use J-Mox on 95% of the forums I'm on. Had it on my licence plate since around 1990.

When I got into riding it was dirt bikes. Got obsessed with CR 500 Honda's. Had 3 at one time. So my initials and the 500 was what I've used for 15 yrs. Easy to keep track of even though besides email I only visit hardline and Craig's list on a daily basis.

I've almost started this thread multiple times, no idea why I didn't.

I have the Third largest Gigantic Ribbed Cawk ever measured for the guiness book of world records. :woody:

My initials and I am a third.

duh

edit: Bone85k5 on Pirate and CK5.com I always thought JJ had a great story about his...hope he chimes in.

When I joined my first forum I drove this '94 YJ, complete with the big gay "stinger" and the roll me over windshield banner...

And my favorite college team is Virginia Tech. Hence the Hokie_YJ.

I know it's a stupid name, but I wasn't creative enough to come up with something better. Lol.

I don't even own a YJ anymore, but I keep the same name everywhere because it's easier that way.

My first forums were for jeeps and cherokees and I had an XJ, name is Marc so it fit. Use it on all the forums I'm on. Still wheel an XJ and haven't changed my name so it still fits.

Literally 20 years ago I got my first computer for Christmas that had a modem. I think it was like 5600 baud. The ONLY way to get on the net back then was via AOL. They were literally the only service provider unless you knew how to set up your own server and stuff. So the first thing you did was signed up for AOL. Like today, getting a unique screen name was problematic back then. It seemed like you could enter a totally random string of 50 letters and it would say, "I'm sorry, ds;ibgubveqpbvgfbvq;eibvqpe;bvgbvq;oebvgnoq;edbvq;eobrfju is taken. May we suggest ds;ibgubveqpbvgfbvq;eibvqpe;bvgbvq;oebvgnoq;edbvq;eobrfju010?" i went through like 10 versions of my real name, nick-names, anything I could think of, I didn't want random numbers because I didn't want to be just another random number on the internet. I kept striking out and I was getting frustrated when my grandmother who was visiting for the holidays walked into my room and asked what I was doing. I tried to explain it to her but I could tell I might as well have been speaking Sanskrit. But she had this generic saying she always used that went, "Doesn't it make you so mad you could spit!" When she said it I was like **** it, let's try spit. Well spit and every variation I could think of was taken also. But the sound you make when you pit wasn't and I was like, "**** it, I'll take it." It has been mine ever since. I think I may even have mis-spelled it, but I don't care anymore because wherever I go its never taken and I can always get it.

So no, my real name isn't Pat. :)