• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

whats the best axle for a high pinion dana 44

bgredjeep said:
So what exactly are you breaking on your Nitros? Breaking shafts, twisting splines? I've been running those in my waggy d44 for a few years with no trouble. Running longfield joints. I probably would have bought RCVs but they didn't come out until about 6 months after I ordered shafts. At the time I was probably only ~$200 under what the RCVs would have run for the shafts and joints I bought. Can't say I have any complaints about what I got.
joints and shafts both sides never twisted any splines i have been putting the same 2 stock axles in it everytime i break and just keep riding until the new ones come in i have yet to break a stock shafts with $16 u joints from autozone. :dunno:

pachary said:
C'mon. That drivetrain with that size tires.......

I'd say nothing short of tons would work for you. I run 39.5 Pitbull rockers on my armored LJ, waggy 44 front and TJ 44 rear (Yukon fronts, custom alloy rears), 4:1 case........been plenty of places with one ton rigs. thumb.gif
What year model waggy axle do you run?

Brad597 said:
What year model waggy axle do you run?

Its out of an 81 Waggy. For the record I do drive like a sissy.

100_1119.jpg

pachary said:
Its out of an 81 Waggy. For the record I do drive like a sissy.

100_1119.jpg
He does take it a bit easy. Guess he's a bit harder on the buggy from the pics I've seen. Do you even still have the LJ Paul?