• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who is APeters

Rich

Is he the Aaron Peters that had his Jeep rebuilt by Dan Dubose at BTF (Dothan)? That was many years ago but I remember it as the first time Adam Woodley, Cole Shirley, and Ricky Berry volunteered time to help fix a fellow wheelers junk. A lot of fun was had that day. Got pics of Cole in the air at a railroad crossing. Can't remember who all was there. The a peters reference is KOH qualifier.

Yeah Rich that is the same guy, and that was an awesome weekend.

Bet there's an interesting story between then and now. I got confused a minute ago when I saw your video of Bobby at KOH. I guess one of your "staff" shot it.

He did run the trailworthy hero case, one of the crewmembers reported on facebook it was the only thing to perform flawlessly in the car the entire time they were in the race. I believe a transmission led to a DNF for them

zhutchison said:
He did run the trailworthy hero case, one of the crewmembers reported on facebook it was the only thing to perform flawlessly in the car the entire time they were in the race. I believe a transmission led to a DNF for them

That case would not go in Low Range and never went in low range. I'd attribute a lot of that guys problems all week to that transfer case not going into low side. Theres a reason to R&D stuff, I don't think KOH is that place unless you got deep pockets, and brought spares. Case looks awesome, and I hope they work out that bug.

InDaShop said:
That case would not go in Low Range and never went in low range. I'd attribute a lot of that guys problems all week to that transfer case not going into low side. Theres a reason to R&D stuff, I don't think KOH is that place unless you got deep pockets, and brought spares. Case looks awesome, and I hope they work out that bug.

The story on Pirate is much different than this.

406 YJ said:
Their team hit some snags no doubt. From the owner of a transfer cases company standpoint I couldn't be happier. This case with zero gear break in time. Lived through them blowing up a 6.2 motor shock tuning. The team found a 6.0 on the lakebed and spent 2 days doing the swap to get it running. With a quick tune they made the cut off for qualifying by 4 minutes. Went out and qualified 82nd out of 150 (don't know this number exact). From the start they had problems with the motor. For it to run correct they had to race at 3000 RPM s or higher. In the process they took out 3 tires, had a roll on back door, had to repair a steering ram and had no brakes so they had to use the low side of the T case to slow the car. What did them in was a transmission. In short.... The HERO "shifted like butter" and went 70 miles and not 70 easy miles before they were forced to call it a day due to transmission issues. We couldn't be more happy with the results!!!

On a side note. Tim Camerons drive shafts shipped to him Friday. Shouldn't be long and we will see these getting beat on by bouncers too.

JRowe said:
The story on Pirate is much different than this.

I shared a pit tent with them, it wasnt all roses as that post would make it sound. Wasnt my car so I wasnt all up in their business about it, but I was there and saw and heard the frustration of everything.

So I text Ape, and he said they got it to shift now. Some wiggle trick.