Hardline Crawler
Gallery here:
http://www.rickybphotography.com/Wheelin-Galleries/WITCNewYears2012

DSC0332-M.jpg

DSC0344-M.jpg

Damnit Scott - your having a ruff time with those rockwell knuckles :driving:

J.A.B said:
Damnit Scott - your having a ruff time with those rockwell knuckles :driving:

Looks like a spindle let go, right? Was it machined for 2" shafts?

J. J.

DeleriousII said:
TC...we checked them when we got home and they were L9 already

Sounds like they may have come loose. Check the other side and see if they can be torqued down. Then go from there.

Once a long time ago I was taking my hubs apart to replace the boots and when I was pulling the spindle bolts out I was surprised at how loose they were. Some were so loose I could pull them by hand. I knew I had torqued them down good only a few rides before that. This was right before Tim lost his wheel on Cable Hill and seeing him do that made me ultra-paranoid about it. Now I use liberal amounts of loc-tite on them as well as lock washers but I won't say that I beat on my junk in the past as hard as rigs get beat on these days. That might be a good spot for some proper safety wire or something, I don't know. Now that I see this it makes me want to take mine back apart and safety wire them. :) I've always used L9 bolts there though.

J. J.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Sounds like they may have come loose. Check the other side and see if they can be torqued down. Then go from there.

I have had loosening issues also. If one is loose, it might as well not be there.

ScottLemon said:
sorry timmy,didnt know until monday when i took it apart that they were L9.
may look into arp studs. Think they have a lil higher rating but still not to the point its brittle .

The whole safety wire thing is a great idea but would suck for maintence. I've considered it on the axle shaft bolts on the rear FF 60 that constantly back off.

everybody should do a good maintaince check after each and every ride to make sure everything is good and tight before the next ride. That's what us low budget cab truck riders have to do.