• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wrangler 4 to 6 engine swap

pgpdnarc

my bro-in-law has a 94 wranger, 4 cyl with 5 speed. he wants to swap in a 6 cyl from another jeep. will everything hook up from a 4 to a 6? anyone know what year motors will work? will a cherokee motor work? any got a good 6 laying around? he uses it to hunt, not rock crawling or mud boging, so he doesn't want to do a 5.3 or anything like that, just wanting to stay simple. thanks.

I will have a good running 6 cyl compldete with wiring harness fuel injection and accesories really soon. Will also have a manual tranny available also

pgpdnarc said:
my bro-in-law has a 94 wranger, 4 cyl with 5 speed. he wants to swap in a 6 cyl from another jeep. will everything hook up from a 4 to a 6? anyone know what year motors will work? will a cherokee motor work? any got a good 6 laying around? he uses it to hunt, not rock crawling or mud boging, so he doesn't want to do a 5.3 or anything like that, just wanting to stay simple. thanks.
everything is different, down to the frame mounts that the motor mounts hook to... honestly better off selling it and buy a 6 cyl jeep...