• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yukon warranty rant....

jeeptj99

So I blew up a grizzly locker back in October (10-7) figured out it was the locker that blew on 10-15. I started the warranty process on 10-16. I had to ship the locker to Washington state to Yukons warranty department. It arrived there on 10-19. They told me it would be 4-8 weeks on getting a warranty from the start. With RBD coming up they told me I could purchase a new one, and once mine got through the warranty process it they would credit me back the full amount on the new one so that's what I did so I could ride. It's now 12-12 and I still don't have my money back. Something about since I bought the original through a distributor and I'm the end user it flagged it when they tried to refund me. The guy I have been dealing with has been super helpful but ****, we are going on 10 weeks now. Anyone else have any issues like this and how did you get it fixed?

jeeptj99 said:
you're running a dodge 60??

Well of course...isn't everyone?!!?!!

I can't afford them Chevy and Ford parts. :(

I do hate the fact I hafta send parts AAAAALLLL the way across the USA, though. However...switching to ton axles I've only had to do that once. :)

Back in the D44 days, I was known by first name at the UPS station. Uuuggghhh...

tonybolton said:
I do hate the fact I hafta send parts AAAAALLLL the way across the USA, though. However...switching to ton axles I've only had to do that once. :)

it cost me freaking $60 to ship that locker to Washington. Pissed me off, and that part isn't refunded.

Damn...that sounds kinda high. I'm think my axles were like 20-25 bucks and u joints were like 10-15 bucks. Never sent in a locker or anything. Just axles and joints.

What I also hated was when I found a twisted axle, they wouldn't let me do the exchange / warranty. Said it had to be broken. So I figure cool, here's a freebie to go do stupid **** and break it so I can get it switched out. I end up breaking the OTHER side and the twisted side stays good for like another year. Uuuughhhhh.....

jeeptj99 said:
So I blew up a grizzly locker back in October (10-7) figured out it was the locker that blew on 10-15. I started the warranty process on 10-16. I had to ship the locker to Washington state to Yukons warranty department. It arrived there on 10-19. They told me it would be 4-8 weeks on getting a warranty from the start. With RBD coming up they told me I could purchase a new one, and once mine got through the warranty process it they would credit me back the full amount on the new one so that's what I did so I could ride. It's now 12-12 and I still don't have my money back. Something about since I bought the original through a distributor and I'm the end user it flagged it when they tried to refund me. The guy I have been dealing with has been super helpful but ****, we are going on 10 weeks now. Anyone else have any issues like this and how did you get it fixed?
What's the super helpful guy telling you? Hopefully something better than "I'll see what I can do".

Try getting warranty through trail gear; purchased my longs from Bobby.
Sent it to TG, said no warranty w/o paparrwork..... I said lifetime means that for life.
They said with paperwork!

FU TG!

clutchee said:
Try getting warranty through trail gear; purchased my longs from Bobby.
Sent it to TG, said no warranty w/o paparrwork..... I said lifetime means that for life.
They said with paperwork!

FU TG!

That's one thing I've done right...I keep all my paperwork. So far I've not needed it for any warranty claims, but it makes it nice when you need to look back and see what the hell that part number was. The bad part is you get to see how much you've spent over the years.

Beerj said:
What's the super helpful guy telling you? Hopefully something better than "I'll see what I can do".

He's been keeping me updated on getting it done and where we are in the process. He's said that line but he's actually called me back and tried to explain their excuses.

I had the exact same problem,but it was 2 rear axles. I finally called the distributor CCOR and it to them a few calls but they got me hooked up in less than a week. I was told 8 weeks also. Contact your distributor or CCOR and get them to see what they can do.

This is the reason I always try to buy from East Coast Gear Supply, they sell just about everything made, and they are only 1-2 shipping days here in the Southeast, and have always been helpful and fast in warranty issues. Those guys all have crawlers and understand this stuff.

zukimaster said:
This is the reason I always try to buy from East Coast Gear Supply, they sell just about everything made, and they are only 1-2 shipping days here in the Southeast, and have always been helpful and fast in warranty issues. Those guys all have crawlers and understand this stuff.

thumb.gif for ECGS

I've learned this a long time ago to keep invoices (its not that hard, hell most of them are emailed these days anyway and are just saved electronically), and to buy from bigger/reputable vendors when possible.

The thing with TG is tough though...thats kinda a mess with older Longfield customers and especially with the original Longfield warranty not transferring to a 2nd hand buyer anyways. TG "should" honor it if it has the Longfield stamp on the side...but without paperwork or anything, its kinda an unfortunate situation that doesn't necessarily have a mutually beneficial outcome

Shouldn't hafta rely on paperwork though, as much BIG BROTHER and IN THE MACHINE as you hafta be these days.....company should have the data readily available.

I mean ****, when you CALL your cable company they already know your damn account number....and I'm sure many other places know who you are by just a phone number.

tonybolton said:
Shouldn't hafta rely on paperwork though, as much BIG BROTHER and IN THE MACHINE as you hafta be these days.....company should have the data readily available.

I mean ****, when you CALL your cable company they already know your damn account number....and I'm sure many other places know who you are by just a phone number.

If you are buying from OEMs they usually do - and most big vendors do as well. I had to get my old ORI invoices from Vertical Limits that were almost 5 years old...they had them sent over to me within 5 mins!

But I still save them just in case the vendor doesnt have them :spin:

Yukon (Randy's) got bought out last year if I remember right and Randy's only holds like 35 or 40 % now so everything has to be sent to the majority holder now for claims, and it has went downhill since that happened. Everybody I know that has dealt with yukon lately for warranty has had major problems. I had a good friend got a yukon 14 bolt shaft from amazon and it broke within 5 minutes on the first trail. Yukon told him there was nothing they was going to do about it because it didnt come directly from them. As others have said, thats why its important to keep the paperwork and buy from good people like ECGS.

Latest posts