• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Ultra slow "Bad Finger buggy build "

1SAWB

yup thats my side action
This is my first Buggy build ever 90% of this is build is all my design in my head...lol ( thats not good) personaly i do a ton of reasearch that led me here. i love the low wide big tire look but unfortunatly it just won't work for me here on the West coast. Since my whole life has been in the performance industry you know this bitch will make some power but i don't wanna get too crazy. anyways before we get into my junk here i will appologize before hand for CAP'S my computer here at work only uses cap's and sometime i jump back and forth between work and play ;D

Well this all started many many moon's ago over a drunk'in conversation :drinkers: down at K.O.H. and the ball was set in a very very slow moving roll. the main thing's i wanted was a chassis that i could beat the **** out of and never worrie about it. i decided to go with cromo mainly cuz i could get a stupid good deal on it. this build started off shooting for the moon and since i have two teen age boy's it has been pulled way back.........waaay back. this whole build is not a priority to me and i play with it as time and money permit's. my wife and I and all about our family and we spend a ton of time with our boy's. it's not uncommon to be at somesort of a sport event 7 day's a week between games and practices.

Anyway's the main chassi is 1 3/4 .120 wall cromo and a mix of 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 here and there. the biggest concern's for me was that i had enough room for my fat ass to be comfy all day long. i bought a truck load of tube around 280 feet and started hoarding parts. the list of junk as follow's

Chassis spec's
all cromo (had to be Tig welded that was the deal I made to the guy I got the tube from :dunno: )
fit for a fat guy
110 w/b
54 inches wide
TC FJ40 hood and grill

DRIVETRAIN SPECS
6.0 LS engine
Mast motorsports Head's
custom ground cam by Erson
hex adjust timming set
Morel lifter's that get rid of the gay plastic insert's
F.A.S.T. truck intake for 102mm throttle body
Badass rocker's
custom built stepped header's by Paul Barrett
built TH400 trans
3.8 Atlas case
narrowed Dana 60 front
14 Bolt rear with C&C hub's
PRP low back Comp fat boy seat's
FSR Dual pass radiator,trans cooler, engine oil cooler and p/s cooler
22 Gallon fuel cell
2.5 7075 lower link's
2" upper's
1.250 heim's
14" Bilstein coilover's

I found a few pics of old progress and parts so here you go

SEAT'S PRP COMP LOW BACK'S WITH POCKET'S AND ADJUSTABLE HEAD REST
sheldonseats.jpg

HEAD'S
2010-11-11115156.jpg

2010-11-11115204.jpg

2010-11-11115215.jpg

2010-11-11115151.jpg

LINK'S LOWER
2010-11-11173434.jpg

2010-11-10114829.jpg

DUAL PASS COOLER'S
2010-12-17120549.jpg

2010-12-17120512.jpg

F.A.S.T. INTAKE TO FACTORY COMPARO
IMG635.jpg

IMG634.jpg

SHE'S A FISTER :Big Grin:
IMG633.jpg

COOL CLEANABLE BILLET OIL FILTER
2011-04-29163721.jpg

2011-04-29170744.jpg

DID MY OWN ENGINE HARNESS OFF A FACTORY ONE
IMG552.jpg

NOW FOR THE CHASSIS. SINCE WE ALL HAVE SEEN TUBE BENT I WON'T WASTE UR TIME AND FASTFORWARD TO WHEN IT CAME HOME A COUPLE MONTHS AGO :Big Grin:

IMG590.jpg

IMG593.jpg

IMG592.jpg

TIG WELDING THE CHASSIS UP
IMG603.jpg

IMG600.jpg

IMG604.jpg

IMG606.jpg

REAR RADIATOR MOCK UP
IMG629.jpg

IMG627.jpg

IT WONT BE THAT HIGH

AFTER THE CHASSIS WAS MOSTLY WELDED UP WE TOOK HER OFF AND STARTED MOVING FORWARD
IMG143-1.jpg

IMG142-1.jpg

IMG144-1.jpg

HAD TO REDO THE SUBFRAME THIS WHAT I CAME UP WITH AND IT HAS REMOVABLE CROSSMEMBER'S
IMG903.jpg

FRONT TRUSS IS ALL TACKED UP AND FRONT LOWER LINK'S MOCKED UP

IMG055-2.jpg

IMG057-2.jpg

IMG058-2.jpg

IMG061-2.jpg

AND BUMP STOP MOCK UP
IMG065-1.jpg

AS OF RIGHT NOW THE ENGINE IS MOUNTED TRANS IS MOUNTED AND CASE HAS THE SUPPORT TACKED IN :Big Grin:

GOT A KILLER DEAL ON 3 ALTERNATOR KITS THAT IVM MAKES FOR THE LS TO PUT THE ALT IN FRONT OF THE PASS. SIDE HEAD FOR F BODY AND BOUGHT 3 MECHMAN ALT'S FOR THEM. I WILL BE SELLING TWO OF THEM BUT THE ALT'S CAME IN LAST NIGHT :Big Grin:

SCORED SOME BLANK CHROMO FRONT AXLE SHAFT'S :Big Grin: JUST MORE PEICES OF THE PUZZLE

ALSO HAD A HUGE TURBO AND INTERCOOLER GIVEN TO ME THAT WOULD FIT PERFECTLY UNDER THE HOOD BUT NOT SURE I WANNA GO DOWN THIS ROAD. AS MUCH AS I LOVE HORSE POWER NOT SURE I'M READY FOR THIS ONE LOL

ANYWAY'S I HAVE MADE A FEW CHANGES TO THE SUBFRAME AGAIN.......:Crying: AND THIS ONE HURT THE POCKET BOOK BAD. I ORDERED UP SOME 1 3/4 .188 WALL CHROMO AND WAS INFORMED LAST NIGHT THAT IT WAS ON A HUGE BACK ORDER :complain::complain: :Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying: I MADE A FEW CALL'S LOCALY AND THEY WANTED $25.00 A FOOT :jaw: I ASKED MY PURCHASING CHICK IF .250 WALL WAS EASIER TO GET AND THEY HAD IT ON THE SHELF SOOOOO THAT SHOULD BE HERE THURSDAY MAYBE TUESDAY AND THE BEST PART IT WAS $18.00 A FOOT STILL SUX BUT OH WELL BETTER THEN $25.00 A FOOT PLUS TAX SO NOW I WILL BE THE PROUD OWNER OF 22 FEET ....UGGGHHHH ONCE THAT GET'S IN THE RE,RE,RE,RECONSTRUCTION WILL BEGIN. I ALSO BOUGHT WAY TO MUCH TUBE FOR THE CENTER CONSOLE/DASH THAT I NEED TO DO :clap:

not much progress but at least more parts are being added to the pile :Big Grin:

she sure has a purdy mouth

and look's good on too :Big Grin:

Also machined my lower chassis side link tab's :Big Grin:

other then that the tube showed up and it has been cut and bent just need to notch and tack it in then on to linking this bitch

I bought some PVC and cut it up to mock the links up and get demension's from there. all look's killer now i can't wait for the real thing

Here are a couple pics of the subframe. while waiting for the ride to warm up this morning i took a few pics :Big Grin:

oldest boy got a concussion this weekend at football camp so i spent some time in the garage mainly cleaning but worked on the engine skid. originally it was to have a 180* bent tube but with the new subframe that wasnt going to work which is fine it was kinda ugly lol :gapteeth:

this is what i came up with

IMG295-1.jpg

IMG296-1.jpg

IMG297-1.jpg

IMG298-1.jpg

IMG299-1.jpg

And the finished template
of course it will have some speed holes to lighten it up and make it look cooler and hope that it helps cool the pan too. the bottom will also be covered in uhmw ****. i also plan on putting some more attaching points to the motor mounts and in the flat area more cross pieces to strengthen it up

THANK'S GUY'S.......YEAH MY AVATAR AND MY WIFE GO WAY WAY BACK....AND YES SHE IS ANOTHER REASON I CAN'T GET **** DONE :cougar: :woot: :tc

Looks like you are going to have a killer buggy when you are done. I gotta ask though, why the LP Dana 60. It's gonna explode behind that Engine if you beat on it.

Cole said:
Looks like you are going to have a killer buggy when you are done. I gotta ask though, why the LP Dana 60. It's gonna explode behind that Engine if you beat on it.
I was thinking the same thing. Cole,you need some motor parts like that Then Mrs MaddRamm could HAMMER DOWN!!!.

Cole said:

CUZ I'M A POOR NIGGA AND THATS ALL I COULD FIND AND AFFORD. I PLAN ON DOING THE JANA 76 KIT TO IT. I ALSO GET FREE CRYOING SO I FIGURED I'D TRY THAT TOO ....WE SHALL SEE

1SAWB said:
CUZ I'M A POOR NIGGA AND THATS ALL I COULD FIND AND AFFORD. I PLAN ON DOING THE JANA 76 KIT TO IT. I ALSO GET FREE CRYOING SO I FIGURED I'D TRY THAT TOO ....WE SHALL SEE

lol, nothing about this build makes me think you are poor :****:

Latest posts