• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pickett SF/ Blackhouse Mtn 4 Wheelin 4 Kids December 8, 2012 Jamestown, TN

TBItoy

Got a lil toy drive and ride going on up at Pickett.

Come on out if you want to do some ol school trail riding, way out in the woods literally MILES from the tow rig (the place we usually camp is 15 miles in).

There will be rides out to famous overlooks (Wagon Gap, Yellow Doors, etc) and through the infamous "Car Hauler" (the exit to the trail is a lowboy that is anchored to a cliff).

Address for York Institute is 701 N Main Street, Jamestown, TN 38556

Entrance to Pickett is Blackhouse Mtn Rd

ruqamuju.jpg

In case you've never been up to Pickett State Park/Blackhouse Mountain, it is a great trail riding spot! You can ride all day without hitting the same trails and there are some good rock climbs if you know where to look. Here are some pics of various trips up there:

GEDC0343.jpg

GEDC0344.jpg

GEDC0350.jpg

GEDC0356.jpg

TBItoy said:
Yeah.... That was last february. It was 12 degrees that day.

I'd say we'll have better weather this time! :dblthumb:

Yeah someone was smart enough/foolish enough to camp out that night too...

Re: Re: Pickett SF/ Blackhouse Mtn 4 Wheelin 4 Kids December 8, 2012 Jamestown, TN

Ttt for anyone in the UC/Plateau that doesn't want to drive to AL for a toy ride

Re: Re: Pickett SF/ Blackhouse Mtn 4 Wheelin 4 Kids December 8, 2012 Jamestown, TN

If all goes well, Looks like Mr and Mrs. The will be there and some friends. Couple jeeps and a handful of 4wheelers.

Great scenery at that place. The Cove Crawlers let me ride with them a few times there.

ridered3 said:
Which rig out of your fleet will you be taking that day?

exo xtra cab (with the doors on of course)
, gonna use it for exactly what I bought it for, all day cold weather trail ride comfort. carrying lots of food, drinks, etc.

I havent had a "capable" trail rig with glass and doors in a couple years, so it should be a nice additon.

2012-10-29_13-07-38_639.jpg

Sawzall said:
Great scenery at that place. The Cove Crawlers let me ride with them a few times there.

Bring the new buggy up for the ride. I want to be able to see that thing in person!

TBItoy said:
exo xtra cab (with the doors on of course)
, gonna use it for exactly what I bought it for, all day cold weather trail ride comfort. carrying lots of food, drinks, etc.

I havent had a "capable" trail rig with glass and doors in a couple years, so it should be a nice additon.

2012-10-29_13-07-38_639.jpg

Cool deal. Interested to see how it goes. May be in the market for it soon.

ridered3 said:
Bring the new buggy up for the ride. I want to be able to see that thing in person!

I wish that I could. Got a bunch of stuff promised that I am behind on.

We may be at GMP 2 weeks from tomorrow cutting a trail.

Re: Re: Re: Pickett SF/ Blackhouse Mtn 4 Wheelin 4 Kids December 8, 2012 Jamestown, TN

ridered3 said:

Cool deal. Interested to see how it goes. May be in the market for it soon.

Better jump on it, the more work i do on it the higher the price lol

Dang, gonna miss out it looks like. Got my wife's bday and my niece's 1st bday both that day.