• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Cherokee build

96cherokeexj

Names Cody 20 years old. I'm currently buildin a 1 ton Cherokee gm 14 bolt rear chevy kingpin 60 front welded front and rear 38s beadlocks. I'm working on a $10 an hour build includin payin my bills so it'll go slow. Once taxes get here till speed up a little.
4uvequga.jpg
when I first bought it paid 350 for it.
ynezuze3.jpg
6y6arasu.jpg
pezeve3u.jpg

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: My Cherokee build

dejeqesu.jpg

One of my welds
a9u8uhet.jpg

Leaf spring perches I made
4u8y3eve.jpg

Welded on
by7ymuby.jpg

Disc brake brackets
ebazezaq.jpg

Bumper mounting plates I made
ehapuses.jpg

New bearins, races,seals, and wheel studs

I'm undecided on the t case I can get d300s left and right but I've also headed about em breakin. But that's the case I'll probably run since I'm stickin with the factory motor for now

96cherokeexj said:
I'm undecided on the t case I can get d300s left and right but I've also headed about em breakin. But that's the case I'll probably run since I'm stickin with the factory motor for now

Most 300's I've heard about breaking aren't in a stock motor xj. I'd say you'd be fine to run one in that setup.

Good looking spring perches by the way.

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Cherokee build

ridered3 said:
Most 300's I've heard about breaking aren't in a stock motor xj. I'd say you'd be fine to run one in that setup.

Good looking spring perches by the way.
I'm gonna run the 300 I can get em for a decent price. Thanks I couldn't see myself payin for sum when I had the metal for free. I'm fixin to buy a mig so I don't have to bring stuff to work so that'll allow more to get done

A Dana 300 will hold up fine in this application. I ran one with a similar set up (in a YJ though). I-6, auto, d300, 1 tons and 42's. Never broke anything on the 300, had stock outputs but a tera 4:1 in it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Cherokee build

96cherokeexj said:
I'm gonna run the 300 I can get em for a decent price. Thanks I couldn't see myself payin for sum when I had the metal for free. I'm fixin to buy a mig so I don't have to bring stuff to work so that'll allow more to get done

If you go with the 300 and ever decide to put gears in it, then go with the JB conversion gears and their 32 spline outputs. Much beefier setup then the other junk on the market
Later,
Bobby
Sales Manger
CCOR
706-207-4140

I'm gonna call and c when I can pick one up after work. I will be putting gears in it maybe sooner than I had planned but I'd rather do it the first time

Go with the JB Conversion gears as Bobby said. Much stronger gears. I went with the tera because it was almost 10 years ago now and got them for about 1/2 the cost of the JB gears. I was on a college budget at the time so it meant a lot then for it to be cheaper. However I didn't have any issues with the tera gears.

y6edy9a4.jpg

Front bumper with my $150 12000lb mm winch
6e6yjaza.jpg

approach angle gonna push the front axle forward sum
ysada6eq.jpg

rear bumper getting mocked up

hu8evasa.jpg

I'm buildin shackle relocation brackets for my jeep that is the design I came up with. Its 2.5x2.5x1/4 square that goes where the old shackle mount is that is welded to 1/4 inch plate that is also bolted where the receiver hitch would go and a bushin welded in sum 2x2x1/4 then welded to the plate. Its gonna see hale mountain. Choccolocco mountain etc. I thank it'll hold up what about y'all?

Gonna start buildin em today. I'm making new brackets that go inside the frame outta 1/2 plate and 1/2 grade 8 hardware