• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

First Rock Buggy Build.

Lauderdale

Get To Know Me.
To start off this is foreign territory for me. I've never really messed with 4 wheel drives or rock buggies. I purchased the chassis from
Angry fab. I have Chevy dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear. 5.3l th400w/np205. All I've got so far. Any words of wisdom and build advice would be much appreciated!
ygyja6e6.jpg
2y5utuqy.jpg
ereja7yp.jpg

Re: First Rock Buggy Build Thread.

Advice dont rush **** take ur time make it look good first time and strong and that chassis is sexy keep us updated on pics

What's the width on the inside of the frame rails? Chassis is awesome!

My advice is if your new to this **** get out before your wallet is empty!!!More addictive than whores and crack

Great parts so far.

My advice is don't cut corners to save a few bucks. Not possible to junkyard everything and expect to have a reliable buggy.

Just dont cut corners on the skinny pedal..... :****:

Get rid of that Chevy 60 and either get a HP60 or build a 14 bolt front. Trust me it's cheaper to do it now then it is later on.

speedway motors or summit is your best friend for the little stuff.buy most of your little brackets and mounts from race car shops like a&a machine in mi.save you time and money in the long run and looks way better then doing them yourself.whatever you plan to spend..double it.

Technician said:
What's the width on the inside of the frame rails? Chassis is awesome!
The engine is 26 3/16" inside to inside. Where the Frame of where the seats are its 33 1/8". What is it called the shoulder? It's 53 3/4" wide there. No doubt gonna be a little tight in some areas. :dblthumb:

Lauderdale said:

Make that bar removable...Will take a lot of headache out later. Once you get everything in there its gonna be unbelievably tight.

Hell of a nice chassis...Good luck with it. :dblthumb:

Cole said:
Get rid of that Chevy 60 and either get a HP60 or build a 14 bolt front. Trust me it's cheaper to do it now then it is later on.
I have the same axle set up going into my build. Can you guys explain all of the technical and financial disadvantages of the Chevy LP? I will be running around 450-500 hp and 39.5 Iroks. Not sure if that changes the factor or not. Thanks in advance!

Patriot Customs said:
I have the same axle set up going into my build. Can you guys explain all of the technical and financial disadvantages of the Chevy LP? I will be running around 450-500 hp and 39.5 Iroks. Not sure if that changes the factor or not. Thanks in advance!

Those iroks wont ever hook enough to break so no worries!

(I kid, I kid... ;D)

(Not really..I run them. :-\)

The low pinion 60's don't generally hold up well ESP to 400-500 hp the lower the gear ratio the higher the probability of breaking!

Irocs are light and a 39 is small for tons you may be ok until you get some good tires!