• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The "Cheap Jeep" Build

95Jeep85

To start things off, my parents bought this Jeep in 1998 for my older brother. After the oldest brother graduated, it was passed down to the middle one, then to me. Knowing all the fun and memories that the Jeep had been part of, I couldn't let it go. When we got it, it was a completely stock YJ with the little 4cyl. The first pics of it are what it looked like once I got it. I decided to redo it a bit and make it more 'economical'. Something I could drive on the streets and on some easy trails. Here is a list of the upgrades.

1995 LT1 with Canton valve covers and aftermarket headers
4L80E trans with TCI computer
BW4000 case
Ford 9" rear
Dana 44 front
Leaf sprung rear
Three link front
37" Goodyear Baja KAs
Custom fuel tank
Re-centered H1 wheels
Custom dash and gauges
BTF tube fenders
Custom cut rear fenders

There will be more to come, just like all projects, delays, delays, delays. But I guess that's part of it.

It had a 3 inch body lift that will be coming off. Ive been having to pick up parts here and there and tell myself its been cheap so far. Does that count :dunno:

Got the set of Blue Torch tube fenders, sway bar bolted up and some other small stuff. Still have to build a fuel tank, install comp corners, weld in the wheel centers, wire motor, finish the skid plate, front shock towers, build drive shafts and some other small stuff.

Thanks man. Its definitely been a long process. Started in November. Just got the firewall primed and painted today. Trying to decide on a color.

Finally got the rock sliders and rear quarters on. Going to sell the BTF front fenders and build some that are rolled to match the rear fender contour. We had to cut more of the body than we wanted to but, it was the only way to run 37s and try to keep it low. Also going to build some fender flares but haven't decided if I want them to come straight out or angle down at a 45. Suggestions?