• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Po' Diddle's school built bouncer

Myself and pholmann are splitting this build, I teach a welding class and he teaches an auto mechanics class at another school. I'm buiding the chassis and most of everything, then he's going to make it run. Specs are:

3800 supercharged V6
400 Turbo
Dana 300 4:1
Dana 60, 5:13, high steer
14 bolt, 5:13, disc brake conversion
Airshocks are Fox 2.5 16"s and RaceRunner 2.5 18"s
2" Aluminum lowers, 1 1/4" heims
MRW beadlocks
44" TSLs

2013-09-03114215.jpg

2013-09-03152918.jpg

More to come... And Dooder, correct me if the specs aint right. thumb.gif

We're i this school again? I want my children to go there! This is ****ing awesome. When I went to welding chill in high school we were nervous we wouldn't be able to buy gas for the bottles some weeks let along build cool ****!

wannabe said:
We're i this school again? I want my children to go there! This is ****ing awesome. When I went to welding chill in high school we were nervous we wouldn't be able to buy gas for the bottles some weeks let along build cool ****!
Knoxville Tn brother! Programs are what you make them. I sat in and observed another school's welding program for a day, and all they did all day was weld on a 6"x6" pad. The students were miserable, and quite frankly assholes because of it. I make sure we do cool things, and generally they behave very well. It also helps for the kids to know that you give a **** about them. I told mine the other day that I did care what happens to them even after high school, but that other instructor you could tell he was just a miserable old man. I wouldn't trade those young men for all the valdictorians in the world!

85buggy said:
Really. Who funds these projects. My wife's school will hardly by copy paper
. ???????????

I also teach welding and my boss hates that we do roll cages and other projects like it. She thinks that we are supposed to only weld on plate and win contest. I finally had to tell her last week I don't care if my students ever win a welding contest but if you put mine up against another student that has to actually build something or repair broken pieces they could do it. It's awesome to see another welding teacher that lets their students do something beside stack beads all day with a 7018.

85buggy said:
Really. Who funds these projects. My wife's school will hardly by copy paper
Well, the customer buys 100% of the material, and we bill for consumables based on how much gas/wire/flap wheels/chopsaw blades were used. Unless it's a principal wanting a trailer hitch on his brand new Armada, then we pull it out of our :cougar:
wont work said:
. ???????????

I also teach welding and my boss hates that we do roll cages and other projects like it. She thinks that we are supposed to only weld on plate and win contest. I finally had to tell her last week I don't care if my students ever win a welding contest but if you put mine up against another student that has to actually build something or repair broken pieces they could do it. It's awesome to see another welding teacher that lets their students do something beside stack beads all day with a 7018.
I'm guessing your boss was a fair-competing cosmetology teacher at one time? I sent 4 things to the fair, got 3 first place and a fourth. Took the students one class session to do. Our CTE director is all about keeping the kids interested with real-world jobs, and so far the off-road stuff is doing the job. I appriciate your contribution to keeping the class fun for the young men and women sir! :dblthumb:

I was one of those students back in the day. It was far better to actually have projects to work on rather than stacking beads on useless junk. That being said, I wish we had a chassis to fab up! We did do some work for a local foundry, building slag spoons for their molds. Building with deadlines was a very important part of our work. I applaud you sir for the job you are doing for those kids, they will always remember the time spent building something as cool as a rock bouncer! :dblthumb:

5BrothersFabrication said:
Well, the customer buys 100% of the material, and we bill for consumables based on how much gas/wire/flap wheels/chopsaw blades were used. Unless it's a principal wanting a trailer hitch on his brand new Armada, then we pull it out of our :cougar:I'm guessing your boss was a fair-competing cosmetology teacher at one time? I sent 4 things to the fair, got 3 first place and a fourth. Took the students one class session to do. Our CTE director is all about keeping the kids interested with real-world jobs, and so far the off-road stuff is doing the job. I appriciate your contribution to keeping the class fun for the young men and women sir! :dblthumb:

I have the customer buy the material also and charge 25% to get funds for my class. I thought you was building this for the school.

My boss has never done anything in the "real world" She went to college and became an English teacher, next was a counselor, and now she is my director because of the education she has. She is a nice person but does not know much about welding.

2013-09-19105623.jpg

Main tubes bent, gonna set 'em up 90° on the concrete and weld in some crossmembers to hold it straight while we build it. Kids are getting their money's worth on fractions, degrees, and mechanical engineering though!

Looking good, I bought Pholmann's old buggy chassis, and I figured he would be done with the new one before I finished putting his old one back together with a few changes. Can't wait to see the finished product.

we know the ranger will never see dirt lol hope this buggy is not gonna be another three year project build if it is holman's new one.

Latest posts