• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Family Tradition , 55 Willys rebuild rebuild rebuilt

P

If its free, its P
Alot of the OG members know this rig. It is / was my Dads ( He's doing fine dont worry ) Anyway, this sumbee has been sittng for somewhere in the nieghborhood of 4- 5 years. The engine was completely rebuilt and barely has any run time on it. Its a 355 with a little cam and some EFI goodies that came off Greg Carey's old Flaming Blue Jeep / Tanners Buggy. Im going to redo all that suspension this winter and likely build a full chassis for it to give it some strength and get it down outta the air so much. Its going to stay on the built D44 and 60 rear for now but will end up on tons at some point. Started painting it , its going to have the stars and bars as flames going over the OD Green. Goals are to keep it streetable ( it is registered and titled ) add a rear bench for kiddos and friends an just enjoy the **** out of it as much as possible. Shes been sitting in the weeds to long !!

This was right before my D-vorce and when the engine got rebuilt in 09
workday3-31004.jpg

Dad got it running and tuned a bit , watched Fox News for3 years straight and painted it again, this is how I picked it up a few months ago
PatriotWillys.jpg

It sat outside in Sumiton AL that entire time, I dont know what this black **** is / was but the entire rig was peppered in it, lots of leaks from seals and so forth drying up but a little fresh gas and a charged up battery and she fired up. Wouldnt stay running worth a damn losing psi so I pulled the fuel cell and it was a mess, put a new pump and filters all through it as well... here's the black **** I was talking about.
image_zpsfb213b47.jpg

image_zpsb7a37267.jpg

315C8B0B_zpsd8c0a99c.jpg

Last week I started the new paint, also cut some more rear sheet metal so I can lower it without tires getting owned. I plan to stretch the WB to 112 (currently 106) and drop it 6-8" depending on where I go with chassis or just re-working the frame once it gets cold up here in Kansas.

image_zps7f0832b2.jpg

I got all the 2" Dom for links and JJ's , still need some Hiems ( going to do one side weld on JJ's the other with big rodends ) Gotta find a rear bench and still debating if I am going to use this fuel cell or get a larger flat aquare jobby to sink in the floor in the rear. Been toying with selling / trading the recentered H1's and 38.5 SX's... something a little less heavy and more street friendly. All thats up in the air for now until I get some more finished on it.

Latest posts