• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota 4Runner, Tons, 5.3L and stuff.

Glen1978

Sun does shine on a DOGS ASS!
Picked this up other day in Oklahoma. Its a 1988 model and started life with a 22RE, W56, top shift tcase and IFS of course. Motor was locked up but never had any plans to run the Toyota stuff anyway. Drivetrain was pulled and sold. Plans are 5.3L LS engine with PSI harness, TH350 / NP241 Box4Rocks / 205 doubler with 32 spline everything. Will be spinning CUCV 4.56 geared Dana 60 front with Yukon chromoly shafts and SuperJoints, welded up. Rear CUCV 4.56 geared with Detroit and homemade truss....and disc brakes . 3 link front, 2" 7075 lowers and 1.25" heims, 1.75" DOM uppers and 7/8" heims. 4 link rear with same links on 14" Fox Emulsion coilovers front and back, PSC fully hydraulic steering and exo caged. Tires are 43" SX's on H1 12 bolt rims recentered and rockringed and PVC inserts.

Anyhow here is the start of it.

Body cut like I wanted it.

Body coming off for frame clean up

5.3L engine I picked up. Supposedly around 120K miles out of 04 Tahoe. Looked pretty clean.

14 bolt getting tore down for cleanup

Dana 60 getting tored down for cleanup

Frame getting ready for cleanup

Front of the frame hacked off

New frame out of 2x3. I ended up redoing it as you can see the piece on top of the original on the drivers side....there both that height now and moved out a hair more. Trying to acccomodate exhaust but Im not sure there is enough room.

THIS ****IN HELPED....SOLD MY RZR!!

This is kinda how Im planning to set it stance wise. This is with my old 42's. I now have the 43's going on H1's. Wheelbase is about 125" in this pic.

Gotdamn.....120 views and not a single comment. :fish:

Well just put my PVC inserts in my tires....had to wait for my 300# buddy to get home from work. My 200 wasnt quite enough. H1's are welded up with normal valve stems in em, recentered at 3" BS, and rock rings put on. Should have em mounted up tonight and get some pics out.

Damn all day long to paint the H1's. Did gloss black shells with hammered silver outer/rock rings. Put em together tonight and used the old o-rings.....yeah they leak! FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK! They were a paint to put together. My IR 1/2" impact gota workout! Im guessing takin em apart to re oring em is gona suck just as bad.

Latest stance pic with H1's and 43's. Looks great to me. Got my bended built and waiting ona local guy to get a tubing order put in. Gona order Goatbuilt PS / alt bracket next and then need a radiator / fan to continue mockup on tubing....well least the front anyway.

A little! Took some time to start / sell a 82 Chevy crewcab dually Cummins conversion. Its Summer and Ive got the 4runner to concentrate on and also be on the ski boat quite a bit. Sold all that **** and traded my Tacoma off for a new / leftover 13' Ford F350 4x4 SRW Platinum. I did get my DOM tubing ordered and picked up. Cut some more of the floor out of the back and plan to replace with tube and expanded metal. Put the 14 bolt together, built the truss from 2x3, welded it on, welded axle tubes to the chunk and placed it under the 4runner for mockup. Bolted the Box4Rocks doubler together to the 205 and TH350 and got it under there. Cut some of the pass side floor out to get damn near a flat belly. Its obtainable but at the cost of more floor. I wanted some kinda sub frame anyway so I think Im good there. Thats kinda where I stand. Kids tball and baseball got us running pretty damn ragged! No pics worth looking at....lol!

Update.....yeah I got nothing! We bought a lake house and been workin on that and spending time on the boat. We will get cranked back up after it cools off. Too FN hot to be under a welding helmet right now.

Latest posts