• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Toyota tube buggy SOLD

grcthird

Birmingham, AL
Got some stuff I want to do, selling this will help but I don't absolutely have to get rid of it. Will continue to ride and upgrade it until it sells.

Chassis is 2x3 square frame and 1.5" tube most every where else, no idea who built it. 112" wheel base.

22R Celica engine on propane, have 2 tanks, recently gone through by previous owner.
Stainless OBX R header and new exhaust, muffler. Sounds awesome!
Aluminum radiator with catch/overflow can.
Transmission is 5 speed with new clutch, has 3-4 rides on it, gear oil has one ride on it.
Single case with TG 4.7 gears. Twin stick, gear oil has one ride on it rebuilt the mount/crossmember recently out of 1.5" DOM and 3/8 plate.
42x15R15 Iroks on steel wheels that have inner bead lock rings welded on, don't have the outer rings.
Has mini truck axles, 4.10 gears, welded rear, 3" spacers.
Front axle has high pinion 3rd with aussie locker and new Longfields, ARP hub studs, put new shaft seals and wheel bearing seals in it. Has 4340 chromoly hub gears, also have drive flanges that go with it.
Rear is narrow housing with plate style diff cover and TG inspection plug, has disc conversion, supposed to have chromoly shafts, have not had it apart to verify.
Wilwood manual brake and clutch pedal assembly, needs one small part where push rod connects to brake pedal, but works fine as it is.
PSC single ended 6" ram, new heims on tie rod, ARP knuckle studs, plate style cooler, PSC steering pump, reservoir, and catch can with rollover valve. Fire shield sleeve over all hydro hoses.
Rear drive shaft is thick wall. Front shaft is 3/16" wall Dom, I have a square tube shaft that is bent as well that will go with it.
63" Chevy rear springs, and Toyota rears up front, has bypass shocks, I think they are Bilsteins.
Corbeau seats and 4 point padded Crow harnesses
3 wire GM alternator, red top optima battery
12K badlands winch with wireless remote
Redneck LED lights on front and 4 rock lights

What it needs:
Could use a rewiring, rock lights are not hooked up, spring bushings are pretty worn, I was going to move the rear shocks outside the frame, have front stainless brake lines that need to be installed, needs a box for the winch contactor, small stuff that can be knocked out a weekend at a time. Buggy is not perfect and I have priced it as so.
Have some spare parts if buyer is interested.

This is a crawler buggy, not a bouncer, it is light weight, has great visibility, rides smooth and goes places I didn't think a leaf sprung rig would go. It is an absolute blast to go out in and I have enjoyed it. :driving:
I am 5'11" and am super comfortable in it, with a helmet on, I can't even touch a bar with it.

photobucket album link:
http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/grcthird/library/Toyota%20Buggy?sort=3&page=2

Re: Toyota tube buggy

Buggy weighs 2700 pounds. A freind of mine was the previous owner. this buggy is light weight and just flat out works great :dblthumb:

Hate to see you sell it, J, but I can relate. It's hard to own a rig that you don't have time to use. I drive mine everyday but not being able to wheel it makes me frustrated.

Good luck with the sale. :dblthumb:

A guy in ringgold ga built it about 8 years ago. It was a going little rig back in the day when he had it.

toyota104 said:
Buggy weighs 2700 pounds. A freind of mine was the previous owner. this buggy is light weight and just flat out works great :dblthumb:

Borrowed some scales and weighed it tonight. 2752 pounds, 1/4 full tank, no driver, tools or beer cooler.

What are the red slinky looking tubes on the drivers side? The ones coming from the radiator area to the driver area. Heater?

Bump, buggy now has high pinion front with aussie locker, new Longs, ARP hub studs, chromoly hub gears, new thick wall front driveshaft.

bump for ya Gerald, if I did not have this sami buggy 80% done I would be all over this buggy.
nice rig with a lot of good parts. thumb.gif loller.gif