• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

81 2rz 9.5 Toyota

Mooretoyx4

Pulled from the weeds to become a multipurpose rig. But since the build started I bought a Tundra for towing/hauling duties. This is how the rig looked at first.

Scrapped the bed and bought a second gen 2wd bed...it was close enough to the original. The frame was surprisingly clean as was the cab. I drove it around to get firewood for a while then started the build. I had a front FJ60 axle and bought a rear FJ80 to go with it.

Bought some new tires and painted the truck.

Built a trailer for firewood duty while the truck was apart.

Specs are:
81 chassis
Fj60 front axle
Lockrite locker
RCV 30 spline shafts
Ifs rotors
Trunion delete
Dana 44 knuckle studs
7/16 grade 12 hub studs
Fj80 rear welded
4:10 gears
2RZ 1996
W56 single case 4.7
RCI 15 gal fuel cell
38" maxxis Creepy Crawlers

Bed will be bobbed 12-15"
Keeping it street legal for a while.

This is how I re coned the high steer arms. I bought a 26.5 degree reamer from eBay. The studs came from sky mfg, the conical washers are chromoly.

Ride height is 23" at full tire pressure, 107" wheel base. Aired down it should sit around 21" to the frame.

Next I used a 3/4" reamer so I could press fit the trunion eleminator a in.

Then started putting the axle together.

Got one side done and was able to put a tire on.

Approach angle looks pretty good

Thank you!!

Worked on the front axle today.
Chromoly bearing nuts...these things are so much nicer than the stock double nuts.

All put together

Next is to finish hooking up the motor, wiring harness, fuel lines, brake lines, shocks, and cage.

A few updates.
Front frame plated, shock hoops on, front axle done, shocks on.

Full hydro kit arrived

Built the rear shock hoops/spare carrier

Rock sliders on

2RZ, creepy crawlers, FJ axles, and full hydro. This is going to be a very capable truck.

thumb.gif
Thanks guys, we just got the wiring done and fired it for the first time. The motor sounds pretty healthy, which is a huge relief since I've had it in the shop for over a year not knowing if it would actually run. 150k on engine.

Mooretoyx4 said:
Thank you!!

Worked on the front axle today.
Chromoly bearing nuts...these things are so much nicer than the stock double nuts.

Shut the front door!!!
What the hello world is this?! And where from? PLEASE don't say TrailQuear.