• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12 volt guy switchpanel

T16murray said:
Picked this one up from 12v guy a few months ago. Great quality and was less than $200
77ad52972e8a349a6b07864f25627085.jpg
431b6a20a51733c8dd22624a0e368c4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is the same panel I have except with rear winch controls. That start button is not waterproof (or Kelproof) if you mount it flat.

T16murray said:
Picked this one up from 12v guy a few months ago. Great quality and was less than $200
77ad52972e8a349a6b07864f25627085.jpg
431b6a20a51733c8dd22624a0e368c4e.jpg

I have not wired a buggy from the ground up. I would still need a relay block with this correct?

I have the same 12 volt guy panel in my buggy. The only complaint I had was the LED lights are so bright I couldn't see anything. So if you mount them up at eye level or close remember that. I actually unhooked all my LED's. Good news is my panel is 6-7 years old and have not had one failure. I opted for the keyed switch instead of a push button for starting and breakers instead of fuses.

votons.jpg

Re: Re: 12 volt guy switchpanel

Dirt700 said:
I have not wired a buggy from the ground up. I would still need a relay block with this correct?
Yes. When I wire mine I will have a seperate fuse and relay box. This is what I plan on running. Bussmann 15303
230d772e714669ddc367d41b5755b550.jpg

Dirt700 said:
You only need relays if the circuit amps are higher than the switch. Usually 10-15amps.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

civicmindedex79 said:
Yep what was said above. The switch panel is basically what fires the relay.
Or the switch panel can fire the item on the circuit if it's less amps than what the switch is rated for like radio, rock lights, ecm, light bars etc. Only higher amperage stuff needs to be on a relay.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Dirt700 said:
I like the black one they have, once I get my frame and know some dimensions I may go this route. I think I would still like an ignition toggle and push button start tho.

The good thing about these is each switch is programmable for momentary with just a flick of a switch and all circuits have their own relay in a separate box. You can make any and all of them momentary or none at all. I'm just used to having my far left switch as being the starter switch and then ignition, fuel, fans. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
The good thing about these is each switch is programmable for momentary with just a flick of a switch and all circuits have their own relay in a separate box. You can make any and all of them momentary or none at all. I'm just used to having my far left switch as being the starter switch and then ignition, fuel, fans. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

So that's the secret to starting heart attack?!! Hell yeah see you after midnight!

CHASMAN9 said:

ADMINISTRATOR
You can also make one switch a master off.

SHELBS44 said:
So that's the secret to starting heart attack?!! Hell yeah see you after midnight!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it wouldn't know what to do if someone woke her up after midnight, you know us old guys can still party like youngin's, we just can't recover like one. thumb.gif "Oooh look, Murder she wrote is on" hitit

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it wouldn't know what to do if someone woke her up after midnight, you know us old guys can still party like youngin's, we just can't recover like one. thumb.gif "Oooh look, Murder she wrote is on" hitit

ADMINISTRATOR

You forgot blue bloods and wheel of fortune. Hell I'll swing by around 9 that geritol should be worn off by then