• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1480 Driveshaft Question/ Idea

collinmaune

I have a few 4340 broken dana 60 stub shafts, that I got cheap or had laying around. I'm wanting to take one and cut it down to about an inch of shaft showing then sleeve over it with 2" .250 DOM. The part I can't figure out finding a slip, I've thought about buying a 1.5" 16 spline and cutting it to fit inside the 2" but didn't know if there is something better out there. I would just like to be able to have a 2" driveshaft that is still .250 wall and will hold up. Any ideas?

What kind of setup are you running? I run a eor 1410 kit with quarter wall tube and it isnt giving me any probles

On the buggy build I'm running a big 14 bolt front to a Scs and a decent stroked Ls motor. The Scs already has the 1480 flanges

collinmaune said:
On the buggy build I'm running a big 14 bolt front to a Scs and a decent stroked Ls motor. The Scs already has the 1480 flanges
Ok i know for a fact the ones you need from high angle driveline are ****ing dumb retarded expensive. Thats all ive got sorry

Re: 1480 Driveshaft Question/ Idea

My concern would be welding to the stub shafts where it wouldn't break at the weld and not weaken the ears/shaft too much either.

I thought about the ears weakening that's why I was thinking if I left the stub 1 or 2" Long keep the weld 1/2 inch or 1 inch away from the ears.

I've been wondering the same thing about this. I remember seeing the avenger buggy when it was first built and it seemed it had some sort of the same set up under it? I may be wrong???

ldudley said:
I've been wondering the same thing about this. I remember seeing the avenger buggy when it was first built and it seemed it had some sort of the same set up under it? I may be wrong???

I don't remember the details but it did use a modified axle shaft for the driveshaft.