• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2007 Jayco GreyHawk 31SS

money_pit_yj

We are selling our 2008 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS. It is on a 2007 Ford E450 chassis with a v10 and has 31,000 miles (Chassis book says 2007 and Camper book says 2008). We have owned it for a year and have had a blast with it. We have two young boys so we spend very little time inside and need space to haul bikes and canoes so we are looking to get into a toy hauler. The previous owner put 6 brand new Michelin tires on it and a new house battery. The 31SS has just about every option you could get on one in 2008. Everything works as it should and it has been very well taken care of. The back decals are faded but everything else looks great. The Onan generator has 200 hours and all the appliances are all clean and operational. We have never even cooked in it. This thing has a ton of storage and it has one big slide out. The entertainment system over the cab has a pull out bed where our oldest son slept. It is currently at the repair shop getting a new awning (the layers separated) and serviced so it is ready to go. We have driven everything from winding highways to open interstate and it has done very well. I have no doubt it would pull a trailer with RZRs on it and probably handle a single rig, I just never tried it. We are located just outside Memphis. $37,700 call or text 731-780-7212

57860794299__B653992A-8D14-45F0-BE77-71BC56CCF7B3.jpg
IMG_3797.jpg
IMG_3798.jpg
IMG_3801.jpg
IMG_3818.jpg
IMG_5203.PNG
IMG_3795.jpg
IMG_3800.jpg
IMG_3802.jpg
IMG_3816.jpg

I just bought a Super C so not in market for yours but I do have a 2013 Keystone Raptor Velocity for sale if you might be interested. If you are PM me and I can send some pictures and info. Im located in NE Florida

Purely out of curiosity, what is the towing capacity of the Class C?
Generally it is based on the GCVW of the chassis the Class C is constructed on. So an E450 with V8 or V10 typically can tow around 2200 lbs, While a Kodiak Chassis with 6.6 diesel or 8.1 gas can tow between 6000 to 9000. Get into a international chassis and you can get up to 15000. Typically for more than that you are into Class 8 truck chassis. My information is a broad overview as there are some models that were constructed with less amenities and greater tow capacity that dont conform to my generalization.

I have a 2007 Ultra Super C. 32 feet long Kodiak Chassis with 8.1 gas and allison tranny. Fully loaded towing my buggy (about 7K trailer and buggy) it did fine. I dont think i would want to try to tow thru the mountains with it though. I am going to look at some upgrades but to get from Florida to Georgia/Alabama/SC parks it will do fine.

I think it has a 5K lb towing capacity. I have not done it, but I have seen similar chassis pull heavier loads than 5k lbs. That being said, I wouldn't haul my Jeep and RZR up the hill at Hawk Pride, but I would have no problem hooking them up to it. I think Lil Ugly is right in that it varies from unit to unit. The V10 is pretty stout.

I think it has a 5K lb towing capacity. I have not done it, but I have seen similar chassis pull heavier loads than 5k lbs. That being said, I wouldn't haul my Jeep and RZR up the hill at Hawk Pride, but I would have no problem hooking them up to it. I think Lil Ugly is right in that it varies from unit to unit. The V10 is pretty stout.

Thanks for all the info. We briefly considered a Class C, but then another enclosed gooseneck with living quarters popped up and followed us home.