• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2015 Lexus RX 350

smbroady82

I have a family member about to buy one with 30k on the clock. I'm going with them tomorrow to give it a good once over.
Anyone have any experience with them? Good? Bad? Ok?

How about my sketchy car dealer buddies? What say you?

Thanks in advance guys

My wife has one, drives it about hundred miles a day....
check for oil change history, other than that no issues with ours.

BUG-E J said:
Good vehicles. They are expensive to work on when they have problems

I figured as much. I believe it still has some kind of warranty left on it. We're going to look at it now so I'll get all the details shortly.

thanks for the feedback

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Made by Toyota, all you need to know. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lol

whiskeymakin said:
We had a rx300 it was a great vehicle. Just a little small, but nice

good deal, yeah this thing is a little small but she still has her land cruiser if she needs something bigger

I don't know about the recent models, but the older ones had a timing belt issue but could be upgraded to a better unit. My mother drives a 2008 that was upgraded before she bought it and it now has 100k miles on it, and purrs like a kitten. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Re:

Idk why the fawk they used timing belts so much, the older sequoyas had timing belts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sounds like they're a pretty solid vehicle. I went and looked it over yesterday as best I could without being able to drive it. Not my cup of tea, but I'm not the one buying/driving it ..she's picking it up mid-week I believe.

smbroady82 said:
Sounds like they're a pretty solid vehicle. I went and looked it over yesterday as best I could without being able to drive it. Not my cup of tea, but I'm not the one buying/driving it ..she's picking it up mid-week I believe.

is it a hybrid? If so dump it before gets 100 K so you don't spend a fortune and batteries if that crap out

Not sure about the 2015, but I had a 2008 in the shop that the oil feed hose going to the rear head had ruptured at 106k miles. It is a metal tube that goes into a rubber hose that goes back into a metal tube. The reman engine I put in it had a one piece all metal tube.

86chevota said:
is it a hybrid? If so dump it before gets 100 K so you don't spend a fortune and batteries if that crap out

no, its whatever the v6 is

grcthird said:
Not sure about the 2015, but I had a 2008 in the shop that the oil feed hose going to the rear head had ruptured at 106k miles. It is a metal tube that goes into a rubber hose that goes back into a metal tube. The reman engine I put in it had a one piece all metal tube.

hopefully they got all that worked out in the later models, I would imagine they did if it was a reoccurring problem

smbroady82 said:
no, its whatever the v6 is

hopefully they got all that worked out in the later models, I would imagine they did if it was a reoccurring problem

the 3.5 has a timing chain and they changed the oil cooler lines and the variable valve timing hose (the one on the head) to all metal lines somewhere around 2010-11 so no more problems with those.

we have had 2 rx's and a highlander (same thing basically). drove one rx to 200k and the other to 150k with nothing but oil changes and few brake pad changes.

wv_lx450 said:
the 3.5 has a timing chain and they changed the oil cooler lines and the variable valve timing hose (the one on the head) to all metal lines somewhere around 2010-11 so no more problems with those.

we have had 2 rx's and a highlander (same thing basically). drove one rx to 200k and the other to 150k with nothing but oil changes and few brake pad changes.

good to hear

she picked it up today and I got to drive it some, nice vehicle overall, runs and drives well

thanks for all the feedback gents thumb.gif