• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3 Days at Windrock

kickdeez

Heading to Windrock April 3-7 with a buddy. Planning to ride the 4th, 5th and 6th. Never been there before, and we're looking for trail/route recommendations. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And we're certainly open to others joining in or showing us around. We'll be in the rigs below.

i3Wdfavl.jpg

I built the high pinion 60 in the front of that Ftoy. Glad to see it's still around and getting used.

4byfan said:
I built the high pinion 60 in the front of that Ftoy. Glad to see it's still around and getting used.

thumb.gif

She still takes a beating from time to time.

You want to do 22, 21, 15, 46, 38, 26 to 44, back to g6 to g39, then 39, turn around at the top and drop back down to the split, drop into rail trail (40), then out 3 to g39 back to g2 in that order. That is a lot of riding for one day and it will not be possible unless you are rollin at a good pace. That is everything that is basically difficult and easy to access on the main side of the mountain. 81a is also a good rock crawl but it might be difficult to find being you have never been. There is also rattle rock next to 15 and 38. Waldens ridge (75) is a good ride but its a ways away from the parking lot.

alscott said:
You want to do 22, 21, 15, 46, 38, 26 to 44, back to g6 to g39, then 39, turn around at the top and drop back down to the split, drop into rail trail (40), then out 3 to g39 back to g2 in that order. That is a lot of riding for one day and it will not be possible unless you are rollin at a good pace. That is everything that is basically difficult and easy to access on the main side of the mountain. 81a is also a good rock crawl but it might be difficult to find being you have never been. There is also rattle rock next to 15 and 38. Waldens ridge (75) is a good ride but its a ways away from the parking lot.

That seems like a pretty comprehensive and well thought out list right there. Thanks! Is there a gas station close to the park? Preferably one I could drive the buggy to. Or should I plan to bring extra fuel with me?

alscott said:

Thanks Alex!

Alex is giving you good info here. I dont know the park for **** but he does for sure!

kickdeez said:
That seems like a pretty comprehensive and well thought out list right there. Thanks! Is there a gas station close to the park? Preferably one I could drive the buggy to. Or should I plan to bring extra fuel with me?

Last time I was there they sold gas at the trail head store. Really convenient for a trail only rig if you are camping at the park.

kickdeez said:

The parking lot has fuel. You should not need extra fuel unless you have a small tank.

If you go out to trail 75 you can stop at ginger's market and get gas/food on the way. You gotta do a few miles on the street to get to the beginning of 75 but as long as you aren't acting a fool you should be fine. If you're wanting a good cruising/site day, carryville flats is worth the haul, its all the way at the very top edge of the map. Makes for about a 12 hour day depending on the route you take, there's some pretty good black trails out there, I think they are numbered in the 90s.

Is there a trail map available online somewhere? I've done a quick search and didn't find anything useful. I'm sure we can get them at the park, but I was hoping to be able to map all this stuff out before getting there.

kickdeez said:
Is there a trail map available online somewhere? I've done a quick search and didn't find anything useful. I'm sure we can get them at the park, but I was hoping to be able to map all this stuff out before getting there.
Think they have them on the Windrock site to study before you go, but honestly just buy the big ass folding map they sell at the store in the parking lot.