• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 3 seat Buggy for $15,500 (SOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyoffroad

Buggy for $15,500.00
My number is 859-265-0230 call or text (Jon)
Pics coming. Just have to upload them from tapatalk.
I bought the chassis late 2012 from the original owner, and redid a few things to make it my own. The engine doesn't smoke and the transmission doesn't slip. It is ready to go as it sits and it drives straight down the road. I have had to up to about 50 MPH with no issues. I would assume the chassis is Schedule 40 tubing. I honestly can't remember what the previous owner told me. It has been a solid buggy for me but I am ready to move on. I am mostly interested in cash but I might consider certain trades. No SxS. I would also consider 10k in cash plus a trade. As far as partial trades I would be interested in a new off-road project or perhaps a Toyota or jeep wrangler based rig. For the full asking price, I will include the spare parts. Link to original build thread: http://www.kentuckykrawlers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8367
I have updated a few things since the build thread contains most everything.
3 seater buggy. TBI 350 (102,000 miles out of a forest service suburban 2500), TH400 trans, klune-V underdrive (Cable shift), 205 t-case with ford 32 spline front output (Twin Stick), All solid mounted.
124" wheelbase.
43 Super Swamper SX (regular compound) tires on re-centered 16.5 hummer double bead locks. Pressed fit centers and PVC inserts. One tire does have a slow leak that leaks down over a couple months. I have a spare 43 SX that only has a few rides on it. It has been vulcanized though.
Front 1410 Two-piece Front Driveshaft built by Oliver's Driveline and M&M fab carrier bearing.
Rear 1350 driveshaft with a tom woods offset joint at the T-case. I also have a spare rear driveshaft and Spare Tom woods offset u-joint.
Rear Shaved 14 bolt with Detroit locker 4.10 gears, Ruffstuff truss and pinion guard, disc brake conversion, Barnes shaved cover.
Front GM Dana 60 Detroit locker, 4.10 gears, chromo shafts (unknown brand), super joints , Reid outer knuckles, 5 bolt high steer arms with ARP studs (one side has spring and the other side is springless), surplus center double ended ram, Bronze kingpin bushings, has stock inner seals and outer tube seals, PCP diff cover. The front ring, pinion and bearings were new about 2 years ago. Set up by a local shop that regularly does differential work.
2.5 inch SAW air shocks front and rear 14 in the front and 16 in the rear. They have been tuned and I have extra valve stacks if the new owner wants to tune them differently.
Rufstuff 1 ¼ heim joints on all links. One of the rear lower links has a slight bend in it. I have some extra link material I can throw in to build a new one.
Full hydraulic steering with 3" double ended ram, and heat sync style cooler.
2 Transmission Coolers. It has both a heat sync and tube and fin style cooler for the trans.
Lokar TH400 kickdown kit
B&M rachet shifter. The gates are cut from drive to reverse.
Equus gauges, coolant, oil, volts, Trans, Tach. (Tach currently not working)
Suspension seats. Rear seat is full size but really only fits a short person or child. The Cage could be modified to fit a taller person.
Aluminum radiator with two Spal 12" pusher fans. It has an adjustable hayward relay that engages two golf cart solenoids for the fans. Both fans can be run on one solenoid as a backup in case one was to fail.
RCI aluminum fuel cell. I think its 12 gallon. Can't remember for sure.
Onboard air setup with dual piston superflow compressor. There is a leak in one of the lines that I need to track down. Likely just a clamp that needs tightening.
Front seats are currently set up for short people. I am 5'8" so the seat sliders are set high. I have a set of low-profile seat sliders that I can include for someone taller.
FJ-40 one piece fiberglass hood and grill.
Lexan body panels with the graphics and paint on the inside. They have some wear. I planned to replace them in the next couple years.
140 amp alternator.
190 amp battery quick disconnect
Optima yellow top battery.

Things I think could be done to improve the buggy:
Add an additional mount for the back of the drivetrain. There is currently only one mount on the t-case.
Get a full steel hood and grill. With the current setup you have to pull the entire hood and grill unit to get under the hood. It is just kind of a pain.
Make part of the belly pan removable for servicing the trans and t-case.
Add a switch for the trans cooler fan so it can be turned off in deep water crossings.
Add rock slider-step to keep the mud down and make it easier to get in.

Re: Buggy for $16,500

31fd5fdc5db8b2dd0027b1ef54252009.jpg
31fa201bc88db6c364dba34380ac9a33.jpg
ccf64ac3c3287ae1ef77a3ffc3b9d7ee.jpg
78d3a5de55d61cef917b22cd55859d68.jpg
77e5c346ce6da7833f6fba0797a180f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 3 seat Buggy for $16,500

Is this one of those Crawldaddy Customs built Buggies? I've only seen a couple of these around! Rare Piece of machinery if it is. :driving:

shelbydirt said:
Is this one of those Crawldaddy Customs built Buggies? I've only seen a couple of these around! Rare Piece of machinery if it is. :driving:

Heck yeah!!! It's the one and only. Maybe more in the future if I sell this one.

fordcontraption01 said:
Looks like it been to the sandquarry in caryville and that's cool. Nice piece
Yep. Been there a few times. The rock garden on the back side is always a good time. I've had the buggy at most parks in Kentucky and East Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.