• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 5.3 flex fuel injectors

whiskeymakin

just lke the title sais.....i have tried to seafoam soak and cleaned the crap out of these things, and still just hitting one cylinder. if anybody has or knows of some injectors around please let me know. dont know much else i can do to get these to work right, any info on cleaning would be good or i will just try to find some out of a recent running engine.. they need to be the flex fuel square connector type.

thanks

I just put a set in a motor and it had about 5 stopped up. I had an old plug on a harness and used it hooked to 12 volts to open the injector. I filled it with penetrating fluid then hooked it up to the power and blew through it with air. Some of them weren't stopped up but just stuck. Had to tap them to make them free up. I have tried the seafoam and it helps clean them too but just be sure they aren't stuck closed too.

i think i have a set for a flex fuel motor. was going to let a friend use them but his were a non flex fuel and his plugs didn't match up. we hooked them to a 12 volt and all of them pop open.
this is what the plug in at the injectors looks like.

Attachments

• 20120805_110813-1.jpg
    20120805_110813-1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 99
Ran into this problem also i soaked them and beat crap out of them on table and got stock plug wires to 12 volt pessureizes it with syringe and a can of carb cleaner took 3 days to get all 8 goin but worth it

i have mine soaking in tranny fluid again, this is the last time im messing with them. ebay has some pretty good deals on whole intakes with everything off of running vehicles if i cant get these working.

if the ones in my pic are the ones you need, the intake with the injectors are for sale. not sure what they go for but if your interested let me know. you can try them and see if they work and if they do good and if they don't you can get your money back.

i have some on the way to the house, just said the hell with it and got new ones. im not taking them back out again

Latest posts