• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

86 4runner wiring problems

homegrowntoy

just did a body swap on my 86 runner, pulled dash and harness out of old body and re installed in new one, everything works on dash, engine started up fine, when i installed my tail light i found some problems, 1st, when i put key in ignition tail lights come on (brake light do not work from pedal at all)if i disconect the two prong black plug at the colum the tail light dont come on with ignition., 2nd, when i push brake peddel the intirior buzzer comes on , if i turn igniton on it stops,all lights work from switch also, just no brake lights.. before the swap all worked, have the dash out now and cant figure out were i went wrong.. could this be a ground issue? :wtf: any help would be great, thanks...

Sounds a lot like a ground issue to me...That or possibly a couple plugs somewhere got crossed (if that's at all possible, I can't remember)...

Sounds a lot like a ground issue to me...That or possibly a couple plugs somewhere got crossed (if that's at all possible, I can't remember)...

i thougt the same thing, almost all the plugs under dash are diferent, dont think i got crossed up but never know. should ther be a ground in rear from body to frame?