• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A dear friend blew a head gasket in Arkansas

L

lowbudgetjunk

I have a friend in Conway, Arkansas that is having engine troubles. I got him a job interview in Tulsa tomorrow. He has enough cash to get a rental in the morning, but doesn't want to abandon his truck. Anyone have a place he could keep his truck for a week? I could drive out and pick it up on the weekend if need be, just don't want to leave it on the side if the road.

Kel Lawrence

I know a few peeps down there. I'll give em a heads up on this thread and see what can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir. I think he has limped it to one of the rental companies parking lots.

I know it is good at Hertz until Thursday. I am going to try and find him a way to get it back to here. I can't leave out til Sunday. I have a few contacts with trailers that haul, but most of them are headed west right now. Winter in the North East came at the wrong time I guess. Hell, if I could get it a hundred or two miles closer to here, that'd be awesome, but not likely.

Got parents that live just outside of conway. What vehicle, and where does it need hauled back to?? May be able to lend a hand.

He is in Tulsa today and tomorrow. I won't hear from him until after his X-ray and pressure test tomorrow. My worst case scenario is picking him up in Conway. It's about 370 miles each way, so I can turn and burn if need be. Hell, I may head up after work and just get it done.

I appreciate the help and will let you guys know if I need any help.

Eddyj said:
What kind of vehicle?

I'm guessing 6.0 ford
I say we guess until someone gets it correct

It's a 1991 toyota with 22RE, 2wd. 6.0 Ford was a good guess. I'm gonna trouble shoot my ford and buy a second fuel pump for the trip. I kill them every 700 miles.