• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anniversary Bash/Ultra4 Racing/ProRock Bouncer stuffs at Rush, KY

Fair enough.
I'll try to send you a PM on some brake calcs / questions I have, see if I can pick your brain.

Thanks

Front and rear line locks to eliminate a portion of the system if you break a line is my solution beyond protecting the lines at all cost. A simple ball valve will do it. Also doubles as parking brake.

Won't help with a blown master that let's the balance bar swing all the way one way thought.

Front and rear line locks to eliminate a portion of the system if you break a line is my solution beyond protecting the lines at all cost. A simple ball valve will do it. Also doubles as parking brake.

This has been discussed but I feel like a proper pedal & MC set up will do the job. I agree that it would be an additional fail safe.

These east coast endurance races are sprints. You have to qualify well so your not fighting tight trails, minimal passing courses with slower racers. Short mileage laps and you really can't afford to pit or stop if you want to be on the podium.

This has been discussed but I feel like a proper pedal & MC set up will do the job. I agree that it would be an additional fail safe.

These east coast endurance races are sprints. You have to qualify well so your not fighting tight trails, minimal passing courses with slower racers. Short mileage laps and you really can't afford to pit or stop if you want to be on the podium.
Also consider an adjustable bias bar, either a slide lever like old AC controls with locking positions along the stroke combined with a push pull cable type setup. The second option is to have a knob to spin, but it would require quite a bit of gear reduction to get the travel required to move an appreciable amount. It could be electronically controlled with an old drill motor, though.

If you are confident in your front to rear ratio, you could mix master cylinder sizes or calipers to get the bias without using a bar as well.

Endurance racing offroad isn't really endurance racing. It's a 1-2 hour sprint against others where money and lack of care about saving the vehicle generally reign supreme. Someone will get "lucky" and not break if the field is large enough. Occasionally someone will come from the back, but you really have to have a lot of information about the race going on around you to know when to save and when to push. I've had my go behind the steering wheel, beside the driver, and in the pits. It generally turns into something where you either go all in for that single victory or decide that it just isn't worth the time and money involved to compete at the top. I have tried racing for fun, but I'm not sure that is an attainable goal for me. I race to compete, and at some point you have to be honest if you can afford to compete or not.

Last edited: