• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

answers about a dana44

KarlVP said:
8.8's are c-clipped but you aren't going to break on on 33's.

I haven't broken mine running 35" Krawlers.

My vote would be 8.8. Running bigger tires the disk brakes are awesome.

And I've got 3 for sale right now :redneck:

John

I am running a 8.8 with a pad kit from MORE it is virtually a bolt in deal. I am running the stock rear disks with no mods to the brakes. It stops my 33's just fine. In fact I am considering upgrading to 35's.

The only hard part is the figureing out where to align the rear axle but that is really easy. I did a spring over at the same time and set the weight of the truck on he pads and had my friend weld it while the truck was on it.

The pads needed no fabs.

It is a direct bolt in except for the welding of the pads.

Also C-clip rear ends get a bad wrap for some reason but I haven't had any problems with mine.

In fact I used to have a bronco without c-clips and completely lost an axle it scared the hell out of me. At least on the 8.8 the calipers will hold the axle in if it breaks.

Good luck and if you have any questions hit me up.

Another tip I bought my rear end at the puyallup swap meet a couple of years ago for 100 dollars.

Not a bad way to go.

I am also running an ARB in it.

Mike

adrenaline said:
I am running a 8.8 with a pad kit from MORE it is virtually a bolt in deal. I am running the stock rear disks with no mods to the brakes.
Mike

I have some questions...

I can figure out setting up the axle & brakes, it's the driveshaft...

anyone got a website address / link - w/ the info on it? i heard some guys were able to use the stock ford shaft or etc... until i get a AtlasII T/C I'll just have to get by... using what I got to work with. any direction on the r shaft.

thanks guys...

Your stock driveline should be a 1310 Ujoint. Buy a spicer part # 2-2-1379 at any spicer dealer (fleet pride, drivelines NW, etc) and press it onto your u joint and bolt it right up to the 8.8. No other mods required.

J

Latest posts