• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody lifted an '11-'12 RZR S?

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
I hated dragging all weekend when I took my rzr out and would like to do a 2" kit on it. Heard horror stories about the rear CVs getting maxed out with some lifts, anybody lift their S? What brands have you heard that are good?

Just get heavier springs and you won't have to worry about bind the shocks limit travel as Long as they stay stock length no worries! :dblthumb:

al1tonyota said:
Just get heavier springs and you won't have to worry about bind the shocks limit travel as Long as they stay stock length no worries! :dblthumb:

Just don't want to kill suspension performance as far as up travel and ride

You can lift it but just make sure its a upper shock relocation kit.

Those stand the shock up to give you lift but dont allow the a-arm to drop any further at full droop.

The cheap kit for the bottom gives lift but also allows it to droop further.

Racertech makes a 2" like Im talking about and Im sure some other companies do too.

Speeding said:
Just don't want to kill suspension performance as far as up travel and ride
It's sitting low cause weight! Just like a co on a buggy I went to a stiffer sprang to keep it from bottoming rides better esp since it doesn't bottom out anymore!

I've ran the $49 ATV Engineering 2" lift for 1 1/2 years and 1800 miles with NO issues at all, NO broken shafts etc... All the lifts move your A-Arms down, Don't let the High Price Companies lead you to believe just because it cost more , its works better. That's bullshit on this particular topic.

The heavier spring idea sounds like the way to go to counter out the weight difference of a heavier driver vs. a skinny driver. Obviously the springs that Cole would use should be different than the springs Butterbean would use :****:

The Springs are the first thing that really needs replaced, The factory Polaris springs will sag bad very fast, within a couple months, they are Junk. New Progressive Springs and a 2" lift would be about perfect.

Dwalk said:
I've ran the $49 ATV Engineering 2" lift for 1 1/2 years and 1800 miles with NO issues at all, NO broken shafts etc... All the lifts move your A-Arms down, Don't let the High Price Companies lead you to believe just because it cost more , its works better. That's bullshit on this particular topic.

BS

What year and type rzr you got?
2012 rzr-s will bind the cv's at full droop with cheap-o lift.

Try it on jack stands and you will see the diff.

Yes they both move the a-arm down at ride height but total droop is diff between the cheap-o's.

The top relocation stands the shock more upright giving it the same affect of a stiffer rate spring but will not allow it to droop further than factory.
This keeps cv's from binding.

The cheap-o's basically extend the shock to make it longer.
This gives the lifty but also droops further and binds the cv's.

My ol ladies s doesn't seem to bottom out too bad. Thespanner nuts above the spring are cranked almost all the way down though? Me, her, and a cooler slam full in the back and I've never noticed it. If im ridin in that its cause my buggy ain't there or broke so im usually :drinkers: so I may just not notice. :dunno:

Budget YJ said:
BS

What year and type rzr you got?
2012 rzr-s will bind the cv's at full droop with cheap-o lift.

Try it on jack stands and you will see the diff.

Yes they both move the a-arm down at ride height but total droop is diff between the cheap-o's.

The top relocation stands the shock more upright giving it the same affect of a stiffer rate spring but will not allow it to droop further than factory.
This keeps cv's from binding.

The cheap-o's basically extend the shock to make it longer.
This gives the lifty but also droops further and binds the cv's.

NOT BS! I have a 2011 800 LE and the lift has been on there since new. I've run the **** out of it, jumped hundreds of times etc.... never a problem. Also have put it on jackstands with NO axle bind. Not sure if it makes a difference on shocks, but I do have Walker Evans Shocks.
Now on another 2011 that a buddy has with Factory Sach shocks and the same $49 lift, he has broken 3 shafts. Not sure it had anything to do with lift or not, he was in some bad spots with wheels binded.
Also have seen several axles break with Racertech lifts, so who's to say which is better :dunno:

Re: Re: Anybody lifted an '11-'12 RZR S?

Just crank your shocks up. Works about the same way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yea crank up the preload on the shocks a bit first and try that... I know ppl who have had lifts and had nothing but problems

you wont need a lift when we got done with it. after the arms go on, we can do some shock tuning and set it up for you a little bit better. cant do too much for the clearance issue, but it will ride much better.

New arms? You puttin new suspension on that thing already?? If you change it up and sell the S stuff i'd be very interested.

Dwalk said:
NOT BS! I have a 2011 800 LE and the lift has been on there since new. I've run the **** out of it, jumped hundreds of times etc.... never a problem. Also have put it on jackstands with NO axle bind. Not sure if it makes a difference on shocks, but I do have Walker Evans Shocks.
Now on another 2011 that a buddy has with Factory Sach shocks and the same $49 lift, he has broken 3 shafts. Not sure it had anything to do with lift or not, he was in some bad spots with wheels binded.
Also have seen several axles break with Racertech lifts, so who's to say which is better :dunno:

Wasnt actually calling you experience BS just that there is no diff in the lifts.

On jack stands the droop on the cheap-o's is more and causes the 2012 cv's to bind.
You can feel it as you turn the wheels by hand.

Your shock may be a little bit shorter or maybe b/c its a 2011????

I would definitely add more pre load 1st b4 trying anything else since you have that much left.

matth_85 said:
New arms? You puttin new suspension on that thing already?? If you change it up and sell the S stuff i'd be very interested.

I plan to get arms eventually but project 1 is cage/doors from Gilbert's. Once my pockets recoup ill go back for project 2