• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

anyone with a SxS

trxguy

looking for people with a RZR or wildcat or something along those lines.

the wife and i are looking at getting a RZR XP 4 1000 and i want to hear some input from the local croud.

are there many people with SxS to ride with
where are some good places to ride, i am down to travel anywhere but i live on Camano Island
does anyone have or know someone with an XP 4, how well does it do, does it get high centered alot

recomendations and advice welcome

thanks

Went riding with a buddy of mine and one of the guys that went had a RZR XP4 1000. The thing was absolutely insane, he had it doing 80mph with ease, seemed to do good through what we were riding in which was trail riding in mud and sandy river bottom. Although the trails we were riding were a mix of atv and utv trails. This was up in Canada and there seemed to be plenty of people riding side by sides up there.
With that being said I'm not sure where you are at but in Washington I'm not sure where you could ride it other then logging roads and places like Elbe. It wouldn't fit on any trails meant for atv only as it is dang near the size of a jeep I think it might actually be bigger than a samurai if I remember correct the RZR is 62" wide.
And while riding logging roads is fun for a minute and going through full size trails is semi fun on a atv it's just not the same, for example I've ran the busywild in about 30 minutes on my atv it just isn't the same as in a rig.

Of course I hear they are wicked in the sand, lord knows they have plenty of power to spin paddles:awesomework:

I have a teryx....and a jeep ........we go to naches alot ...the teryx sucks up there ...its to low it drags the bottom everywhere .and its to big to fit on most quad trails that we have in wa....I have the teryx on craigs list right now trying to sell it

..my dad just bought a Xp1000 2 seater ....its awesome ...he will only be taking it in the sand ...

I have a couple buddys with 570 rzr's, surprising fast for a little motor, youtube 570 vs 800. And 6k less money. They both lifted the 570s and said it makes a big difference not high centering. But if you play in the sand you probably want the power. Wifes step bro owns the polaris dealership here, he has a rzr 1000. there def physically bigger than a 570, if you ride 50" wide trails like here in OR to wide is bad.
But RZR all the way.

The RZRs are all over the place at the oregon sand dunes, and my experience is, they are kinda limited. But really depends on what you want to do.

If your looking to go bomb around on the flats and some mild hills, with the wife at your side, and a cooler full of food, then they are great.

If you want to run the trails, or hit some massive hillclimbs, or drop down into an idiot hole, then they are worthless. Too big, and even with the newer 1 liter motor, still not enough power in my book. Tons of aftermarket turbos and superchargers for the things for a reason! And that constant velocity transmission....uhg.

I think they are a great endurance vehicle, desert runner, maybe even some mild jeep trails, but if Im going to be limited to wide trails and open sand, then I'd rather have a true long travel rail.

And if only the damn things were street legal in WA. You see them on the road in the desert southwest all the time. No love here.

Chop have you seen the new 1000 in the sand? Those things are a whole different animal, they are huge compared to the normal rzr and gobs of power like I said 80mph was nothing for that thing. I'm not saying that a 700EFI kodiak with mild mods is super fast or quick but it was like watching a dragster rape a honda :haha:. But as you know I'm not a sand guy so I really cannot speak on that, I agree though the 1000 is super limited on trails so if your buying a sand rig you might be better off buying a rail hell for the money you could buy a cheap rail and a pair of atv's for the price of the rzr1000

the wife is looking forward to the sand where i like to wheel the trails
i live close to walker valley so it would spend 90% of the time there

and the one the wife wants is the 4 seater

No direct experience with the 1000 yet. I was in the sand over thanksgiving, and it was all about the 900's. And yes, they are fast, and can handle the whoops roads pretty decent, but out of sheer size and weight, they just dont do it for me for the type of riding I like to do. and the price...woof! I could buy several top dollar quads for my friends to ride with me, just like they were in the seats beside me.

If i lived in AZ, I would own one in a heartbeat and put tabs on it for the street, but up here? Id rather get a sit down quad like a grizzly for the trails. I already have a sand quad, and I wont ride it on WA trails.

I'm not sure what they go for but the one the guy rolled up in cost him 28k:wtf:. I completely agree for the price you could do a lot better.

yes i know it is not cheap... i told the wife i would build his and hers jeeps or wheelers that could go more places, she is still thinking about it but she feels more comfortable driving a RZR vs a wheeler.... i don't see why just her opinion... women.... lol

we need 4 seater because of our kids, our 4 yr old isn't ready to ride trails and our 6 yr old does have his own quad but i am not sure if he is ready for the trails either... he gets excited and starts to use the entire trail or road and not pay attention to the fact that he needs to stay on his side... last thing we want is for him to meet a wheeler or an other vehicle on a bend