• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Bad Vendor/Mfg Experiences

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
These threads always get the axe on PBB so it is hard to stay informed. Not intended to be a bash thread, just a way for users to post up their bad experiences with vendors so others are armed with that knowledge before ordering.

I have had a horrible experience with Shaffer's Off Road. I ordered a set of WE locks through them because the price was cheapest I found. Called multiple times to check on my order and was told all was fine. The last call I was told to they would ship on Monday. So on Tuesday I started calling Walker Evans directly to get a solid answer, on Wed afternoon I got my answer from WE. My wheels had not yet been machined to my specs because the vendor (Shaffer's) had not yet confirmed the order. At this point, it was exactly 5 WEEKS from the day I placed my order. I cancelled my order and went with TR via Mike @ Bent&Twisted. Got my wheels in 1.5 weeks, cancelled my order with Shaffer's that same day and still have not recieved my credit from Shaffer's.

Finally got my credit today. Thought it was funny that posting on PBB was the only thing that got his attention. 2 weeks to get my credit, 1.5 to get my wheels from Mike. That is the tale of two vendors if I have ever seen it.

Shaffers Offroad........Long story short......I ordered a PRP seat from Shaffers, was told I would have it in about two weeks. When it didnt show up I called. Mike said it had shipped and should be here any day. Still didnt show up. I called again, same story. Still didn't show up, I called PRP. PRP said the order had never been placed. I called Mike back, he gave me some BS excuse then he placed the order.

The seat arrived, and would not fit without a lot of mods to the seat and driver compartment. Mike has a no return policy. I called PRP, told them the story and he said he has a lot of complaints on Shaffers. The guy at PRP asked me a bunch of questions about my buggy and the space it has in it, and the fit I am looking for. He then told me to send the seat back to him and he would exchange it for a seat that would work in my buggy, at no cost to me....Thats customer service!

damn, now that's cool...

i can add a little about shaffer's....i was ready to pull the trigger about 6 months ago on a set of black powdercoated WE beadlocks with the wide gold ring on them....2-3 posts on pirate in the $ thread, a coulple of calls and a couple of PMs, and nothing....

i think that they replied about a month ago...but, that was wayyyyy to late...

glad i never spent any $ with them...

sorry for your bad deals guys....

Pirate is not biased towards shaffers, wtf are ya'll talking about?

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8062338&postcount=9

Can't have a bad seller thread without USA6xsuck.

You know, the usual. Ordered, payed, promised, nothing, called, promised, nothing 3 months later, called, given false tracking#, called, cussing, received order, bad welds, crooked, missing stuff, stuff I didn't order, etc.

rock mafia said:
Pirate is not biased towards shaffers, wtf are ya'll talking about?

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8062338&postcount=9

Can't have a bad seller thread without USA6xsuck.

You know, the usual. Ordered, payed, promised, nothing, called, promised, nothing 3 months later, called, given false tracking#, called, cussing, received order, bad welds, crooked, missing stuff, stuff I didn't order, etc.

I hate that cat... Daniel is a straight up crook.

Shaffers offroad=USA6X6
STAY AWAY FROM SHAFFERS!!!!!!!!!! On the other hand, I hope I get to meet Mike someday. I've still got a humorus voicemail on my phone from that ****.