• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

battery life?

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
what batteries/charger are you using and what "play time" are you getting out of them?!?!:corn: Looking at getting an Axial setup...maybe....:corn:

not sure what batteries but it looks like a standard stick batt and I can get atleast 30-45 minutes out of a charge. Will have to take a look at what charger I got

what batteries/charger are you using and what "play time" are you getting out of them?!?!:corn: Looking at getting an Axial setup...maybe....:corn:

If you haven't bought anything yet or you don't have anything for batteries and charger, go Lipo.
The popular Lipo packs guys are using will get you 40 minutes or more of run time easy.

1320 mah, 3S LiPo (11.1 volts)
I charge it with an uber-cheap e-flite charger. I get about 30 minutes of run time.

These guys are right, LiPo is the only way to go. NiMh packs are on their way out, already pretty much non-existent on the race scene.

yea buddy,:redneck::redneck::redneck: 3s lipo and a 35 turn motor, can you say wheel speed... but you also have to make sure that your esc can handle the voltage... Todd likes to push his luck running a 3s and a rooster crawler!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can you give me a link to one? I am not sure what all these other numbers are...:rolleyes::haha:

Am I looking for something that runs 7.4v ? What other numbers do i need to look for?

For example, would this work?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWNX9&P=7

that battery will work.

2s = 7.4v
3s = 11.1v

you also want to look at what is called the C rating. Go for a battery with a 15C rating or higher. The C rating on a lipo is basically an amp draw rating that the battery can handle effenciently.

What is a good charger to go with the Lipo's?

I think I have a build sorta setup:

-Axial Scorpion Chassis kit
-Novak Brushed ESC and Novak 55T or 45T motor
- Hitec 645 or 5645 Servo
-Lipo batteries
-Battery Charger???
-Anything else?

What else do i need to make it RTR? I have a controller, do i need to maybe put it together and take it to the hobby shop and get the loose ends there? (ie. wiring connections etc.?)

:corn: