• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best 4 seater option?

muttman

Hey everyone, my dad is looking to get a new 4x4 4 seat sxs. I am pretty much ignorant about what is on the market now, what is good, and what to avoid. Any personal experience or suggestions would help tremendously.

This will be kept on a ranch in west Tx, and it will be worked hauling corn and such, so a utility sxs is probably a better option than a sporty one. The terrain it will be driven on is 50/50 dirt/sharp rocks and very rugged, almost mountainous. Lots of relatively low speed trail riding with some steep rocky climbs. We currently have a bone stock 1980 short wheelbase toyota pickup that struggles on some areas with open diffs, but the biggest complaint by far is ride quality. That is probably the #1 priority for this. Then #2 is ease of entry/exit cause my folks arent getting any younger.

About 4 or 5 years ago I drove a Kubota diesel 4 seater brand new from the dealer. I liked everything about it except the ride was terrible, upon closer inspection, the rear leaf springs shackles were wedged hard rearward against the frame, even completely unloaded. There was no way the highly arched springs could flatten out at all..... the rear suspension was effectively locked. I couldn't imagine kubota designing something like that, we have had great luck with their tractors, but it made me wary of them especially considering the price.

Condensed: What is the best sxs that meets these requirements?
4x4
utility bed
4 seats
Smooth ride
Easy to get in/out

al1tonyota said:
900xp ranger with power steering! 4 seater

This. Tom of accessories. Actually every accessory for comfort imaginable.
Throw some backwoods arched a arms and some larger tires on it. Maybe a set of clutch springs and it will be very trail capable as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 149
What are the opinions on the hybrid utvs like the Titan Scout H4? I'm sure it wouldnt be near as capable as a Ranger, but like the idea of quiet operation and no need to ever charge. Plus they are designed and built in Texas.

muttman said:
What are the opinions on the hybrid utvs like the Titan Scout H4? I'm sure it wouldnt be near as capable as a Ranger, but like the idea of quiet operation and no need to ever charge. Plus they are designed and built in Texas.
What no link? :dunno:

No way I'd consider anything other than a Ranger 900XP. Aftermarket support is HUGE, and they are great machines. They are very capable for what they are, and the bed makes haulin stuff a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger 900 is all I'd buy!!! I don't have a crew but I do love my Ranger. Polaris Lock-N-Ride accessories are flashemifyougotem and well worth the money, And the aftermarket is flooded with parts for these things! Mine has SuperATV forward off set high clearance A-Arms on the front with 29.5" tires, it does good for what it is

7FFFBF35-3F74-420D-9AC9-5CE92AC1007E-225-0000009D20F3BA63_zpsff840663.jpg

BB21826E-1BD1-439F-8547-7E9B11E149FC-225-0000009A06497641_zpsead6f086.jpg

The Titan looks to have a lot of similarities to the Can Am so maybe Bombardier makes them??? The bed also looks to be small compared to the Ranger, so consider that if it will be hauling a lot of stuff. One other thing I would do compare the payload and towing capacities if it is gonna be working alot :dblthumb:

Take a look at the yamaha vikings. if you have to have a polaris or something else then i would vote ranger and if he is going to be creeping around alot or doing much towing with it get a duraclutch for it. Mine is still taking beatings in the rocks with 32s and is easily the best money money i spent when i built mine.

For the money and what he will be doing it sounds like the viking would be the best choice. Also the normal 3 seat viking has more room than a 4 seat rzr. you can put a set of 28" tires on them and they are ready to go. if you do go look at them check out how easy servicing it and working on it is and really just how simple the entire thing is made.

navestoy said:
A Kawasaki Teryx 4 is another great option.
I recommend driving one before taking that step! I drove one at koh and the floorboard and gas pedal were not designed for an average human! Made for some kinda creature with an ankle that is double jointed or able to be dislocated? The muscle on the front of my shin was burning 5 min in to the 30 minutes of hell my leg endured! :****:

That's just my opinion and experience however!