• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bought an RTR axial...

is to much flex bad? im debating it, because i have tweaked my suspesion so well that i can flex my front axle almost 90 degrees without either of the rear tires leaving the ground, im using soft silver up front and stock grey firm in back...when i inboarding my links on the axle side i put from outside to in...

2small washers, spacer, link then shock on the outside of the stock mount then the nut...basicaly moved the shocks inside the links, which is opposite to how it comes stock, i did this so that there is no more binding up with the links at full flex either way. but in turn it makes it flex much easier cause there is more leaverage against the shock and the further to center you go the less the shock moves the further it flexes, same principle as real life...any input?

I would assume that flex is good because it allows for all 4 tires to remain getting traction at 4 different locations...i guess i will just have to test it for myself. I can see it being bad in some situations...but i dont know?

welcome to the world of axial! get some GOOD short aluminum shocks. You can bandaid it with stiffer springs but it will be haresh and choppy (stiff) and will still have horrible torque twist and bad bodyroll. just toooooo much leverage on those shocks.:booo:

welcome to the world of axial! get some GOOD short aluminum shocks. You can bandaid it with stiffer springs but it will be haresh and choppy (stiff) and will still have horrible torque twist and bad bodyroll. just toooooo much leverage on those shocks.:booo:

should i put the shocks further out on the axle or further in like I have them till i get new shocks, i have some other goodies I want to purchase before shocks, i want to get the "best":eeek: performance:haha: I can out of these, I really want a new esc first.

should i put the shocks further out on the axle or further in like I have them till i get new shocks, i have some other goodies I want to purchase before shocks, i want to get the "best":eeek: performance:haha: I can out of these, I really want a new esc first.

You are definitely headed the right direction with a new esc. that stock one sucks. Im running my super rooster and love it. I still want the rooster crawler though. You need to replace the radio too. Arent you already running a tq3? Im running one and that was a big improvement too. :cool: As far as your shocks you will get alot more control out of them the closer to the wheel the better. It is the same as full size, the straighter up and down and the closer to the wwheel the more effect and power the shock has. :awesomework:Im going to the hoby shop now for a new gearset for my hs 645 servo. I just stripped it. :booo:

I just got my tq3 and receiver today! its all plugged in and was a HUGE improvement over the stocky pile!

Only paid $19 new on ebay...woop woop!

made my own steering links, had to lift the tie rod so it would clear the diff, made from 1/4 brake line, 6/32 all thread and some ends and balls I had already, also had to lift the servo plate 2mm to clear servo arm, could have gotten away with 1mm I think but works great!:cool:

Attachments

• 100_1136.jpg
    100_1136.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_1137.jpg
    100_1137.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1139.jpg
    100_1139.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 74