• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake booster

crawler 129

Roll Tide
bought a 84 k10 and the booster was leaking around the pedal . So I changed it and still leaks . Been thru 3 boosters and all leak .

Am I missing something or just getting ng parts . 2 from napa and 1 from advance.

I tried auto zone here but they don't know what a booster is or how to look it up .

All 3 parts stores around here use the same part number , I assume getting parts from the same warehouse .

I asked a buddy that runs a shop and he said parts quality is down bad they are having tough times with changing parts .

Any help or advise would be great !

Thanks . Tried oreilys yesterday and it was ng as well . Up to 4 now .

Positive thing is labor time says 1.5 . I can do it less than 20 .

all the parts stores around here get reman the same part number from the same warehouse . They can't get a new one .

Called lmc for a new one but they are back ordered .

Thanks . Tried oreilys yesterday and it was ng as well . Up to 4 now .

Positive thing is labor time says 1.5 . I can do it less than 20 .

all the parts stores around here get reman the same part number from the same warehouse . They can't get a new one .

Called lmc for a new one but they are back ordered .
Have you checked into RockAuto or even Amazon parts to see about finding a different part number?

Scrap yard part probably get ya better quality than reman china junk

Have you checked into RockAuto or even Amazon parts to see about finding a different part number?
In past I've had issues with rock auto and they won't return a email so don't care for them.

Looking at trying one from national parts depot Chevy catalog now .

Have they all had vacumn leaks at the push rod? If you lived closer I'd give you a used one to try

Asking because I've had them hiss before, at the push rod, done vacuum checks with propane, carb cleaner, brake clean. With no vacuum leaks.

Stock engine unknown mileage .

I've owned 15 of these trucks and never had to change a booster and have never heard one leak before .

I have checked the boosters with a mighty vac and they do not hold pressure . They leak down.