• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

carbs for wheelin

gm3racing3

In yalls opinion what is the best carb for going out and playin or 4 wheelin climbing around and things

Agree with John :****:
but you can use a rochester carburetor backwards!
Prob best cheap way.......
Just put it on backwards and use a van throttle cable :dblthumb:

What do you mean John, carbs are awesome for wheeling... only problem is they wear out starters :****:

laughing1

what do yall think about the truck advenger 4x4 carbs? They are supposed to run at 45 degree angle or more

what do yall think about the truck advenger 4x4 carbs? They are supposed to run at 45 degree angle or more
I ran one of those in the early days. Never could get it adjusted right, had to run WTFO to keep it going. About ran over John and everybody else one day. It's all about commitment anyways.

I also ran a truck avenger for a very short while. Carbs are just not for what we do. Go fuel injection (preferred) or propane (best for cooking) :flipoff1:

I've heard of people running truck avengers and having problems, I've personally ran three of them and haven't had not one problem other than I didn't like the electric choke. I could stand them on end and they would sit there and Idle if I was going to run a carb thats what I would get.

i have a buddie that is running a 2 barrl motocraft his works well ,it still loads up a little ,i pretty much agree with everyone else pain or injection ,guess it depends on what ya got to spend.

Been runig my backwards rodchester for years with very few hickups..lower the fuel pressure to around 4lbs...I'm just hard headed and dont really car if it runs upside down or not. Its been pretty much on its side and stil ran. Besides, I can repair it on the trail if needed. :woody: