• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Carburetors

wgamble

Guys, is there a carburetor out there that is bad ass enough to use for rock crawling so I would not have to worry with trying to go fuel injection.

Background on the question: I run a 351W on propane and would like to try and get my Bronco street legal.

Re:

Why do you have to take propane off to be street legal you just need a d.o.t. approved tank

The holley off road truck avenger..wimpy kid on here had a sbc with aluminum heads cam ect...had a 770 and it worked flawless...idle crawl bounce ..carbs not for many but they get the job done

I have a Holley pro-jection that I will sell you cheaper than a carb will cost you works lot better to pm me if intrested

I had a Holley 670 offroad truck avenger on my 351. It did great crawling and even on steep hills.

I have it for sale if interested.

It has maybe 20 miles on it. The only reason i am not using it is because the motor went bad. Then i found one with EFI for cheap.

A buddy of mine was saying to look into a marine carb, that they are made to help always being off balance.

TBItoy said:
2 barrel Motorcraft carb. Sumbitchll run upside down.

Besides that, no

^^THIS^^

I know a guy that had a 2 barrel Motorcraft (believe it was a 2100 series) on a 304 Jeep motor and when he barrel rolled the jeep down a hill he had to turn the dang thing off at the bottom!

Re:

I used to wheel a 79 F150 with the stock 400m & motorcraft. It would run on its side all day, up hill, down hill didn't matter.

We swapped one into a buddies jeep and it ran great also.

wgamble said:
anyone got a ID number or part number for that particular carb?

Not sure about the part number but have the parts house look up a carb for an old school ford 460. There a 500cfm.

My Jeep with the V8 304 has a motorcraft 2150 carb and it does great at all angles. No one ever believes I am running a carb because it does so much better than any of the others running different carbs.

I ran a motocraft for several years with a lot of success , it works.. An electric fuel pump helps keep it supplied vs. manual trying to pull the fuel up hill

I wonder how good two of these would do on a low rise manifold, on a built motor?

Dad runs a 800 Holley Dp and :****: that I have seen it sit there and idle upside down, but he has been running it for 25 years and it is tuned very well. I don't know how he does it but he does.