• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Concrete shop floors

That's one thing I have not done to my shop yet, so I'm kinda interested in this thread. I got them to do a fine brush finish on my floor so I don't bust my ass in there when it's wet....so it's prolly gonna stain anyways. Reckon I still need to seal it?

I am about to coat my shop floor and I am undecided on what I should use aswell, I have looked into the epoxy, stains and just a clear sealer.. To many damn choices. Hopefully some good info will come out of this thread.

Curious to see the info in here too. I dont know jack about floor sealers. My shop looks to have some sort of coating but it stains if oil hits it.

Anything out there that oil can be cleaned off of w/o staining?

Would the other coating need to be stripped or just put a new coat on top of it?

If you are looking to do any type of coating to your floor epoxy, paint etc you will need to properly prep your floor so that the product sticks to it. For those that already have a sealer on the floor or are looking to apply an acrylic sealer you just need to clean the floor and then allow it to dry before sealer is applied. Find your local concrete supply store other than hd or lowes. Acrylic sealers will typically last 3-4 yrs and make sure you apply per directions for product.

I just sealed a paver patio I built last year and it made it slippery when wet. Id be affraid to seal a shop floor now. My shop at work has a high dollar epoxy job and has held up very well to everything but weld and torch splatter. Id like to try a stain that may make oil drips and spills less obvious???

anymore input on this ? I need to purchase the material to coat my floor this week and I am still up in the air on what to use.

Thanks,

I put down Wolverine epoxy on my shop floor. It has been great as hell for easy cleanup. Pretty durable as long as I don't drag an axle across it.

I didn't put any grip into (little bits of sand like material). **** is slicker than snot on a cum stained hooker's back.

So whatever you do, focus on grip. I was concerned it would make rolling things around difficult, but it won't be. I like the sealer for ease of application and durability, but I wanted this to look awesome as well.

P1060020.jpg

P1050902.jpg

P1060019.jpg

You can always acid stain your floor like I did the floor in my house. Pretty easy process. Then you can machine buff and wax it to a shine or put down some less shiny sealer.
They have plenty of colors to choose from. It would make oil stains and such way less obvious dpending on the color you used.

Go to garagejournal.com plenty of discussion on floors..I personally decided to go with epoxy coat system which is 100%solids not waterbased like most on the market..Some Lowe's are stocking it now..kinda pricey at 250$ for 500 square ft of coverage ..I've got mine prepped.plan on doing it this weekend...

Re: Re: Concrete shop floors

I have been reading a lot on the garage journal, I was against the epoxy for the longest time because of weld splatter burning it but I don't do a ton of welding so I have really started leaning towards the epoxy. I have 1400 sq ft to cover but I think the look out weighs the cost.

sent using my right thumb via Tapatalk

I ordered mine. But Wolverine is a direct competitor with Epoxy-Coat. Since Epoxy-coat is now in Lowes, I'd go that route next time.

Just make sure you add traction or some kind of grip. Mine is so sexy....................when dry. Walk in with shoes from the rain or anything else damp (even dew from the morning) and you can ice skate if you're not careful.