• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cross country Back road threads

Poohbair

Pabst O'Holic
... a while back there was a thread on here about a trail that went from the Canadian border (I think up by Oroville) and I think runs all the way to California using alot of dirt roads and back roads...

I am interested in the chunk of the trail that runs from Ellensburg to The Methow for a little 3 day weekend / adventure.

Does anyone remember that thread, or know where I can find info on that trail? I searched around and couldn't find it...

No, its not the Pacific Crest Trail... it is mostly dirt roads w/ some pavement... I know that it comes into Eburg, goes up Reecer Creek, across the top, but goes all the way down into the back side of Cashmere, then across the valley, and up onto the ridge above Lake Chelan, then down to the lake, around to back side of the lake by Manson, and then up to the Black Pine Lake area, and then down into the Methow....

There was a thread on here somewhere that had a link to a site w/ the GPS coordinates and stuff for the trail, and some writeups from people who have driven it

I once posted about as trip we took, might be the one. wagon trail from greenwater, on dirt to Eburg, colockum to malaga, thru wenatchee to entiat river road, over the hill to 25 mile creek, around the lake to Manson, over the hill to carlton. beautiful country!:awesomework:

Jonah street might know, he did a lot of trips like that and he has a ton of maps and routes plotted from his Dakar training. And he happens to live in Eburg. Matt Webb would know how to get in touch with him.

I would like to do a 3 day weekend ... Leave on a Friday morning, camp 2 nights along the way and pop out in the Methow and come home

I made some changes. I adjusted the thread title, moved it to the outdoors area and put a sticky on it.

Feel free to keep adding to this thread if you find more write ups like this. Good stuff in here. Would love to do the WaBR trip in the 4Runner.

Someone needs to make one of those running east to west so I don't have to sit on I-90 for four hours just to go to eastern Washington for a holiday weekend.