• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Eastwood tig 200?

tube twister

10 months ago I bought an eastwood tig 200. A lot of reviews were good on this machine and for the price I thought it wouldn't be bad for my garage. Well last Saturday this machine went up in smoke. I called Eastwood told them what happened and 24 hours later had a new one at my front door no questions ask. All they said was leave the old one where the FedEx guy could get to it. So I'm not overly pissed that it quit... But it makes me wonder if anyone else has this machine and if you have had any problems and should I expect this again? I'm really thinking about just selling the new one and buying a new Lincoln or miller. So if you have any experience with this machine please post.

No experience, but I flirted with the idea of buying one. Reading the reviews on their site alone about it reveals that your situation is quite common. I'd cut my loses now. What good will it be after the warranty runs out and it shits the bed again?

Yeah I have 2 more years left on the warranty. I'm thinking I'll run it for a little bit build up some cash for a new miller then dump this.

The fact that they were so willing to replace it tells me 2 things, they've got great customer service but that's probably because they deal with an above average amount of issues. Guess that comes with a below average price. Try to keep it as clean as possible so when you sell it can be in "like new" condition.

Re:

I have one havent had issues but if I do I will sell the warranty replacement and buy a Miller. I wanted to make sure I could tig before I spent the money on a Miller.

I ordered the Lincoln square wave 200 over a month ago, I'm getting impatatient now and have been lookin at the esab reble
which now I see is back ordered . Not sure what the deal is with tigs right now but apparenty everyone wants one ! I took a brief look at these but haven't pulled the trigger on anything . The weld shop said the Lincoln should be in any day

Re:

Have you seen a price on the rebel? Im just curious seems like a decent machine.

i have one and i like it well enough. ive only TIG'ed with one other machine, so i wouldn;t know much about the quality.

good news on your good customer service experience.

Re:

ranger11 said:
Have you seen a price on the rebel? Im just curious seems like a decent machine.
[/quote

The rebel looks like a good deal. But I believe it's only a dc tig. I'm a welder for a living and as far as quality welds the eastwood will do that. I have a Lincoln mig and 10 months ago it ran out of gas but I had 2 bottles for the tig so for the past 10 months I just used the tig on every job just to see how it would hold up. And I guess last Saturday it met its match welding 1/4 aluminum I welded about 3 inches and then a loud pop followed with a boom about as loud as my 12 gauge.
The no questions as warranty was nice but now I'm a little gun shy of the new one. I'm going to finish the job I started last Saturday and then box it back up and list it forsale. Probably move on to a Lincoln. I was hoping someone on here may have owned one of these for some time and welded a lot with it to see if I just got a dud. The reviews pretty good some reviews state the same problems I have had. The problem with reveiws on welding machine is a question some of the skill level of the guy doing the reveiw. Of he's a novice welder or never welded with a tig that isn't going to help me much.

That's what I ordered a month ago. Hopefully it shows up soon , they also said this is an introductory price as Lincoln just came out with the 200amp so expect that to go up significantly in a few months

The supplier for my work is suppose to have a price for me on Monday. I had a square wave 175 a while back. Was a pretty good machine. Long story short it got damaged then repaired and sold. Then I got this Eastwood and now it has been replaced so back to Lincoln.

Rockwells607 said:
I ordered the Lincoln square wave 200 over a month ago, I'm getting impatatient now and have been lookin at the esab reble
which now I see is back ordered . Not sure what the deal is with tigs right now but apparenty everyone wants one ! I took a brief look at these but haven't pulled the trigger on anything . The weld shop said the Lincoln should be in any day

Took about 2 weeks, to get mine. I ordered it around mid January and received it at the end of January. I'm pleased with it sofar. I bought it for the portability to have AC in the field.