• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired fiddy stunt

muchado

....ok P so it's weird as hell tryin to ride wheelies on the pegs---how long it take you to figure that ish out?? front end pops up easy but --- TOO easy and I feel like one wrong blip or stick of the throttle and I'll be squidd'n on my back. Guess handbrake needs to happen ??? Also, where do you find the good spot for your handlebars to be? i've seen guys ride em all the way almost to their chest or some keep arms halfway straight :dunno: I only was on the bike up the street and back so it may not be as complicated as I'm making it in my head molaugh

Bones said:
With an avitar like that, looks like you need practice son!

that's 2005 ol' school son :woody:

and for future knowledge---the CRF/XR 50 50stunt pegs are bolt-on for the KLX/DRZ 110's... Axle is same diameter... As far as bottoming out when leaning over, my factory foot pegs hit the ground before these do.

First gear wheelies on mine are sketchy because well........ first gear is sketchy slow speed.

2nd gear I can ride out with just fine , 3rd I keep loopin off the back but that was prior to the rear brake working so maybe Ill figure it out soon. I literally practiced 2nd gear daily for a few days after work until I just "felt" it out. I dont cheat the rear brake or anything in 2nd, but I gather speed so I run out of engine after a block or so and I havent gotten into holding 3rd gear worth a damn yet. laughing1 I will as soon as I get some spare time, I 'want' to be able to just hold 3rd gear until the sun goes down so when we street rally I can be the cool kid going down the street on one wheel at a constant speed. thumb.gif

Wait, are you talking rear pegs like " axle " pegs ? I have not played on mine much , just goofin in 1st tryin to pop a wheelie donut, but Im afraid my left knee isnt going to make learning that one easy. :-\

I have alot of trouble appling equal pressure thanks to my properly ****ed dirty bike knee..... Ill sort it out eventually, need to get hand brake levers still since I broke both at Jellico molaugh

booyang

P said:
First gear wheelies on mine are sketchy because well........ first gear is sketchy slow speed.

2nd gear I can ride out with just fine , 3rd I keep loopin off the back but that was prior to the rear brake working so maybe Ill figure it out soon. I literally practiced 2nd gear daily for a few days after work until I just "felt" it out. I dont cheat the rear brake or anything in 2nd, but I gather speed so I run out of engine after a block or so and I havent gotten into holding 3rd gear worth a damn yet. laughing1 I will as soon as I get some spare time, I 'want' to be able to just hold 3rd gear until the sun goes down so when we street rally I can be the cool kid going down the street on one wheel at a constant speed. thumb.gif

Yep that was about the axle pegs. I can ride sit downs fine, always room for improvement. It's just the pegs make it feel sketchy because it's sooo easy to pull the front up...

I tried 1st and it was sketttch, but unlike a 50 where sit-downs are best in 2nd, I have alot more speed in 1st (I think it's much higher gearing)... I just learned 2nd gear sit-downs but found that hanging my legs back all cheater style makes them much more stable. Haven't popped 3rd gear yet, I'll try with the pegs...

3rd pinned on the 110 is 50mph--I know that's like 13 or so faster than a fiddy :flipoff1:

Mine moves out pretty good at WOT in 3rd..... I know it hurts like a muh fugga coming off it in 3rd at speed in shorts a tank and flip flops :'(

I'll admit i have been a bit gun shy on 3rd since I had that come off... I been cheater with the landing gear down alot in 3rd wheelies since then. laughing1

All you need for the rear handy brake is the lever and a cable, you can make the little adapter at the brake drum out of a small piece of plate with two holes in it and zipy tie to the swingarm instead of spending what I did for the kit thumb.gif

Bones said:
You overfill on oil a bit since you are on one wheel so much? Do these motors get starved any?

No worries on the honda motors, you could drain it and spit in it and it would still go laughing1

Bones said:
You overfill on oil a bit since you are on one wheel so much? Do these motors get starved any?

i havent but maybe that's why ryan's motor seized??? he thought it was just clutch but it still is fugg'd up so I dunno what the problem is. This was after a long WOT ride (5 miles) of mostly wheelie time...