• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel cell replacement parts

wizzo

I've got a JEGS brand "circle track" fuel cell in my buggy. I believe it is just a private labeled RCI unit. The top plate is starting to leak from the two fittings when the cell is full. I can get replacement seals for the fittings and the large 16 bolt plate gasket. But I'm not finding the small plastic washer seals for the bolts. I'd like to replace those while I'm at it.

Before I call RCI has anyone every replaced these, or something similar, with something you can source locally? Seems like if I got the correct type of plastic washer that would hold up to fuel, that is all I need.

Pics for reference:

555-15512.jpg

The "washers" for the 16 bolts pictured below is what I'm refering to specifically:
821-7032a.jpg

I installed some bulkhead fitting into a RCI alum cell. I used teflon? bulkhead fitting seals sourced from Summit or Jegs. Still sealing good 5yrs now.

Drop a line to Phil Licciardi, he had this exact problem and found an better washer to replace these. I just don't remember where he found them.

In for info. All of mine where smashed when I disassembled it. Replaced them with generic nylon washers from Lowe's. I'm sure there not the correct ones, so I'd like to know also.

I found these earlier. I'm needing to replace mine after installing walbro pickups in my cell. https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=703

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I looked at the lowes /home depot ones and they appear to be exactly the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bbtank45 said:
Not to derail too bad....do you run the walbro pick ups or the hydramat? Seems to be the only options people use.

I run 4 walbro's. At the time, hydramat was not around.