• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GBC dirt tamers

Bumpers

Anyone tried the gbc dirt tamers? they appear to be a a exact copy of the bighorns they are just bias 6ply. They are half the cost of the BH... anyone tried em?

dirttamer_3.jpg

do they run true to size? bigger or shorter? i know the bighorns measure out about 1" taller than advertised

they are big, they hook like a MF'er, they ride better, but we punctured 2 at KOH and didn't hit any rocks we shouldn't have, in fact, one was a stick laughing1. Both sidewalls, and you could stick your finger through the sidewall without a cut, thin, floppy. We were impressed with how they climbed and rode, just ****ed our race up. If you ride dirt, get it on :woody:

blacksheep10 said:
they are big, they hook like a MF'er, they ride better, but we punctured 2 at KOH and didn't hit any rocks we shouldn't have, in fact, one was a stick laughing1. Both sidewalls, and you could stick your finger through the sidewall without a cut, thin, floppy. We were impressed with how they climbed and rode, just ****ed our race up. If you ride dirt, get it on :woody:

I thought i had read somewhere that they did have thin sidewalls and such... that steers me away because every now and then i like to play on the rocks and that would be no beuno...

Ive seen the power grips but havent found much info on them at all.

I was also looking at the moto mtc and the superatv dominator... they are all bighorn copies... i may just have to get the orignal thing since they seem to be so tuff

I think real Big Horns are pretty much the best, especially if you are putting them on a RZR... I had the Power Grips on a 500lb atv with like 30hp... Dont know how they would do on a heavier/more powerful utv

The tires whichever I get will be going on my rhino. I may just have to hold out for the bighorns or I hear the terraceoss is a really tough tire as well I just like the looks of the bighorns

Bumpers said:
The tires whichever I get will be going on my rhino. I may just have to hold out for the bighorns or I hear the terraceoss is a really tough tire as well I just like the looks of the bighorns
I ****ing hate my terracrosses on rocks. I cut one the first night (probably my fault, I don't remember, but it did have 18 psi in it. I'm just hard on ****) On the rocks the bighorns make mine look like ****. I spin, they hook and go. Not that impressed on dirt compared to horns either.

puttin bighorns on my rzr was best thing I've done so far for trails/rocks. It's the difference between open diff and locker..... you can climb with very little wheel spin.. the stock **** that came on my XP spun so much, and all that extra woompow is hard on parts.