• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP - APR 11 Ride & Trail Clearing

TBItoy

Going to GMP April 11,

I planned on bringing a chainsaw to help open up some of the trails that are blocked/obstructed by limbs and trees from the ice storm a couple weeks ago.

78edeab858fcab80be175305edc5a25c.jpg

Ready to go. Saw box fit perfect beside the cooler. It rained a bunch, so I reckon we'll go try to get where we can.

They've not replaced the water heaters yet. Attendance has been really poor. They only need 2 I am hoping someone can maybe find a couple laying around not being needed, I am going to ask around.

Re: Re: GMP - APR 11 Ride & Trail Clearing

dwa2469 said:
Had a great time working with you guys today and thanks for helping get my junk off the hill.
Big thanks for the help today. We definitely put a big dent in the amount of clearing needed.

wizzo said:
So how bad is the damage to the park?

Small trees and tops were bent/snapped over into the trails. We got a lot of it opened back up today. We used the back hoe on a few big trees in the creek bed but it's just chop and toss on the trails.

Everything on the north side of the park (copperhead/moon/devil woman) is 100% clear

The red buds and maples were the big problem on the middle mountain, basically the ice built up on them and the tops all bent down.

We didn't get over to the south side, but Anthony said it was in pretty decent shape

Re: Re: GMP - APR 11 Ride & Trail Clearing

muddinmetal said:
Tell them to update their freakin calander & host some rides if they want attendance to go up
Things are in the works to make changes on that front also

I was there the Saturday before last and worked on some of the main trails on the south side. Got three trails clear and half of another till I got to a big red oak. The saw found a nail or old fence and it was done.
Glad things are starting to shape up. It was a heck of a mess.

tyleecw said:
I was there the Saturday before last and worked on some of the main trails on the south side. Got three trails clear and half of another till I got to a big red oak. The saw found a nail or old fence and it was done.
Glad things are starting to shape up. It was a heck of a mess.

Anthony mentioned a guy coming and working the south side, couldn't remember your name though.

Thanks! (Also who are you and where are you from?)

billstoy said:
let me know when you go next ? GMP is a great place. I'll come help.

Planning to go back in a couple weeks, I'll post up

will most likely have a huge bonfire to celebrate, and there is definitely plenty of fire wood!

Anyone camping this summer should be able to pick up all the wood they want on the sides of the trails!

TBItoy said:
Anthony mentioned a guy coming and working the south side, couldn't remember your name though.

Thanks! (Also who are you and where are you from?)
Chris Williamson from McMinnville. Anthony was pretty busy and he pointed me in a direction that needed help.
Plan to go back soon with the Jeep and some more people.
It's my back yard but, only wheel it about 3 or 4 times a year. Great place and hate they have had problems.