• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Helmet Camera Video from GPNF

TrikeKid

Dad and I hadn't been riding in a good 3 months so we figured it was time. Ran up early, did 25-30 miles and were gone by lunch when the quads started showing up. First real ride with the helmet camera, I had to get about an hour of footage down to a manageable size (YouTube-able). Trails were near perfect, it was cold as hell on the top of the ridges once we got soaked though. Felt really good to be back on the bike. 'Tube kinda killed the quality, otherwise it's pretty good for a $130 camera setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkQ-pINo9A

Last edited:
Looks a little like those video games where you can never catch up with the leader because the computer is so much better than you are.

Great trail though. Looks like a nice place to visit. Looks like you and your dad had a blast.

nice video! i've been meaning to go out there riding.
You ride a quad don't you? Just so you know, there's only the two trails there that are quad legal, and one has some sections that would be flat nasty on a quad. You could have a ton of fun though, the first trail in the vid is the easier of the two quad trails.

yes i ride a quad for now. i know there's only the 2 trails. but i've been meaning to get out there and ride the loop. it's 20 miles for an atv. which is a good ride for a quad. as soon as i pay off some bills i'll be picking up another dirtbike. i miss single track. in arizona, singletrack was pretty much non-existent. and glamis being a half hour drive from where i lived a quad was excellent. but up here i can't ride on much, except tahuya.

There's Capitol Forest too, but you gotta show up early, or suffer through the drunken antics of idiots doing donuts and wheelies in the parking lot.

yeah, i haven't been there since i rode a little xr75 dirtbike. about 9 - 10 years or so ago... tahuya is less then a half hour away. i'll get to capitol soon. just don't know which trails i can legally run.

Capitol, you can run everything. There is no single track (at least not marked and legal). There are a couple areas that are a little rutted out in favor of 2 wheelers, but I can't think of anything that should stop you, I've been there with pretty much newbs on quads and they had no trouble. Once you get out away from the parking areas. I suggest Rock Candy if you can't be there and on the trail by 8:30-9:00, that's when the dumb asses start rolling in to Waddel Creek.