• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HELP!! UHMW SKID plate RZR XP 900

JMR7810

I'm in need of a UHMW belly skid plate for my 2013 RZR XP 900... that covers from side rocker panel to side rocker panel... I'm looking for 1/2" thick but mostly finding 3/8". I had the 1/2" on my old RZR S and it was reasonably priced... Now they are HIGH$$$. Any places or info or best place to buy, please let me know!!
Or ur ideas or thoughts please...
I plan on drill some 1" / 2" drain holes to help drain mud rocks etc...
Any one running 3/8"??? Is it thick enough to hold up?? Have any problems with UHMW on 900 RZR??
Thanks

Trail Armor has 1/2" with rockers and arm guards for $625. I've ran their product and was 100% happy with it and their customer service.

Does the rockers hold mud really bad on the sides?? I saw them at last sxs event I rode and was debating them holding mud..
Thanks for info...
Also I have been told by few people the UHMW is causing the rear aluminum housing to crack on the motor/ out put shaft that hangs down to skid plate , they say its too hard and don't give when skid plate is hit hard enough to push Into motor...
I think it's not true because anything would break the motor if u hit the skid plate hard enough to Bend up Into the motor casing or out put housing...

U think 3/8" would be thick enough to hold up?? Or would u recommend 1/2"??

3/8" is only 1/8" thicker than the factory 1/4" skid plate.. Which I already busted :/

1/2" is the only way to go. 3/8" didn't work very well. The rockers do hold a little bit, but nothing a water hose won't wash out easy.

Like Dwalk said. Trial armor all the way.

heres what i put on my 2013xp

IMAG0856_zps600ff48c.jpg

http://www.trailarmor.com/Polaris_Ranger_RZRXP900_Full_Skids_Slider_Nerfs_p/ta012fullskidec-rzr900.htm

also put the a arm guards and trialing arm guards on. you can find those on the site too.

edit...
far as trapping mud in the rock sliders....the xp has more fender flare to prevent the mud from getting to the rockers. It will catch some but its nothing like a 800-s would be.

Thanks for the pic joc and all the info guys...
Looks like trail armor has plenty of drain holes too.. Less I gotta do before put one on lol
Also do u have a good pic of the back frame with skid plate on the sxs?? I wanna see how that wide rear skid sets isn't between the trailing arms/frame.. I already have the tusk trailing arm guards.. Hope they work with. T A SKID..

JMR7810 said:
Thanks for the pic joc and all the info guys...
Looks like trail armor has plenty of drain holes too.. Less I gotta do before put one on lol
Also do u have a good pic of the back frame with skid plate on the sxs?? I wanna see how that wide rear skid sets isn't between the trailing arms/frame.. I already have the tusk trailing arm guards.. Hope they work with. T A SKID..

Finally remembered to get some pics of back
8FC18BAA-36BD-480C-BAC3-1BF3841E6960-5281-00000F9E435E8484_zps43d3c391.jpg

77BAD31A-27F2-49D0-8F15-003489558A02-5281-00000F9E5BF0BC61_zps5492f7a5.jpg

Ok I got the trail armor skids in and put on!!
Thinking the front bolts might be an issue and might get ripped off and front lip don't curve up to keep from hanging and getting ripped back..
Anyone have a issue with this? Thinking about making a metal front lip as a bash guard to help guid over the front lip..
Anyone smashed these bolts off??
Or know of a way to counter sink those big bolts up into skid?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 97
Also mines 2013
My frame did not have factor skid bolts in this same location.. Mine are not in line by the motor drain plug like the trail arm skid is ore drilled for.... Passenger side mount hole is forward.. I had to drill frame an thread new threads/ bolt into frame for this bolt to go in skid..
No big deal just throwing it out there for anyone else...
Seems like its a good product and will do the job!!
Time will tell :)

Anyone else running this skid ease read previous post about front 2 bolts and reply to me!
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 177
Here is what mine looks like after 5 months. No problems so far. Still looks near new.

473DC8C7-EAF5-4E2D-9D0B-7BD49FE2FCDE-1490-0000037F3698CA46_zps905ce5e1.jpg

As far as having to drill a new hole in the frame... mine was the same way. No big deal. Had self tapping screws with the kit.
If your worried about catching the bolts. Take them to lowes or a bolt place and find something low profile.

This kit is probably the best upgrade ive put on my xp.